Best Free web hosting?

zll7

Reaction score
Ive seen a couple decent free website hosting sites. Do you guys have any recommendations?

SFilip

Gone but not forgotten
Reaction score

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
freewebs.com is nice and simple.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Brinkster offers a free hosting
check this

But offers only 15 mb of web space. :eek:

Wow, Gigacities seems good:
  • 2 GB Space!!
  • 300 GB Bandwidth!
  • PHP and MySql (I don't know how many databases they allow)
  • FTP
  • NO ADS!
  • Simple User CP
  • Instant Account Activation

Really new I think. It was added to free-webhosts on October 5th!

I might try this myself. :D

EDIT: Woops! Forgot the link:
http://www.gigacities.net/

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
You should read their ToS and stuff around to find hidden disadvantages.

Also, the thing is with such good offers, the time the server is up and how many times it drops xP.

S

Storm

Sorry I'm late!
Paid hosting is the only way to go, everything else is cheesy.

I've gone through many-a-hosts, including freewebs (all-out noob crap, can't even add your own ads - *), Zendurl(SP?)(Buggy - ***), and Gratis-server (reliable, but annoying to edit, and limited - ***), but...
The best free host I found was 000webhost.com. They have a lot of nice (outdated ehhummm but better than nothing) features such as forums/image galleries that you can install with a simple click of your mouse. What is also nice is that you have access to all your files through the filemanager, meaning you can edit anything you add on your site, forums and all, which is more than I can say for some of these other jacks of hosts (cough cough* freewebs is crap stay away from it lol *cough!).

2 MAJOR TURN-OFFS ARE that you cannot send email using their servers; only receive. But that's not even that bad because you can find someone else to host Email.
The other let-down is, and this is why I pay for my hosting now, that their servers have a lot of down-time (besides maintenance, etc, everytime they have to add a new user, they have to restart their server, lol!), so you will see your site down a lot as they are adding new people.
Personally, that drives me crazy, but hey, if you can deal with it, go with this host!
HOSTMONSTER FTW

Hero

─║╣ero─
Reaction score
Ive seen a couple decent free website hosting sites. Do you guys have any recommendations?

This is from experience...

Don't use free web hosts...unless your using them to learn...They are useless..and a piece of crap

mase

____ ___ ____ __
Reaction score
This is from experience...

Don't use free web hosts...unless your using them to learn...They are useless..and a piece of crap

Not all of them are.
http://x10hosting.com is the best free host I've seen and I'm actually using them. Yea my main purpose is to learn PHP/MySQL better, but I'm still using them for a personal site.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Not all of them are.
http://x10hosting.com is the best free host I've seen and I'm actually using them. Yea my main purpose is to learn PHP/MySQL better, but I'm still using them for a personal site.

I used x10hosting and I loved it. I was learning but I was inactive for 10 days, and it got deleted. :(

I might make another later, though they might have rules on second accounts, but mine got deleted so..

O

onehp

Usually, how long till x10hosting send a confirmation message to me? I am very sure I entered the correct email address

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
Try Atspace.com, it provides free service.

It offers a low amount of storage. And a lot of sites provide a free service but atspace is pretty good. Not as good as x10 though. :p

Usually, how long till x10hosting send a confirmation message to me? I am very sure I entered the correct email address

I think 3 days or 72 hours or something. That's the only thing I don't like.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.