bladestorm animation for non blademaster?

alt bringer

Reaction score
(see title) cant seem to find the animations/attachments to do this

(fricken blizz and thier hidden data)
its just typical that you cant jus look at the blademaster hero and see the needed data

maybe ill try to combine some animations into a custom,

hopfully thers a decent animations tutorial, ...i think ill leave w/ that said before i rant

NindoOne

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
The bladestorm animation is in the model of all blademasters. The ability itself have nothing to do with the animation except the fact that it tells wich animation the model should play. You basicly need a blademaster if you want the bladestorm animaton.

Carnerox

The one and only.
Reaction score
Or you can edit the model you want to have the spin animation.

Or do you made you want to find the animation for the blademaster?

Curo

Why am I still playing this game...?
Reaction score
As Nindo said, it's a blademaster animation that plays when bladestorm is used. Has nothing to do with bladestorm itself, other than the fact that it calls up the animation name for the art. The blademaster units are the only ones that have that animation.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
As users already said, the animation is built-in with the Blademaster model.

However, you could trigger this to make the unit spin and also have some effects around him, to mimic the bladestorm.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
Just to add to everything else, if you want to trigger a blademaster spin animation, the code name for the animation is "spin".

alt bringer

Reaction score
thanx bogrim, i managed to get it to work almost, but it only flashes for a second
so i need to find out how to make it last the duration of the ability

Wummi

Just Relax and Smile!
Reaction score
Play the special effect every second on the position of the triggering unit as long as the bladestorm is active.

alt bringer

Reaction score
Play the special effect every second on the position of the triggering unit as long as the bladestorm is active.

ya there isnt exactly a art - duration x function in the editor
so i need to know the trigger setup

what you said probably would tell more experienced editors exactly what to do, but im retarded and need visual aid or click by click instructions

sorry if i sounds rude, its not meant to

alt bringer

Reaction score
dang, that looks complicated...so i got 2 questions

1. how do i use jass,(and is it a seperate program)

2. can i cut and paste?

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
dang, that looks complicated...so i got 2 questions

1. how do i use jass,(and is it a seperate program)

2. can i cut and paste?

1. right click any trigger (you probably want a blank one) and then "convert to custom text" - then write jass (there are other programs/additions to make it easier to use/write)

2. you can, but some things might need to be changed (like the spell ID)

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Just get MdlVis and make the damn animation. Its not too hard, and its the best way to do this stuff anyways.

Bogrim

y hello thar
Reaction score
Just get MdlVis and make the damn animation. Its not too hard, and its the best way to do this stuff anyways.
That's fair, but it's also time consuming. Plainly importing and triggering takes a lot less time.

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
That only works if you can get the exact look you want with an effect. If thats the case, you can naturally do it.

Its just that with animations you can do lot more, and thus make much better looking blade storms. This is why its a better option most of the time.

Also even though learning animating smoothly can be time consuming, you will ned that skill for other stuff too in your map making process, and in the long run it will probably be less time consuming, than having to post here every time to look some more different ways to fake animations you could actually really make.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.