Block + Parry System help using DDS

Nosticus

Reaction score
Hello again, I am wanting to make a few abilities that Grant a chance to block or parry attacks, and display (blocked or parried) when activated(passively) kinda like the mountain giant thick skin ability, but with a display of how much was blocked or "parried" using the DDS Anyone have any suggestions?

keychup

Reaction score
Try negating %damage received by restoring HP. However it won't help if the damage is more than your remaining HP.

keychup

Reaction score
Set life of DamagedUnit to (Life of DamagedUnit+(0.15*Damage))
Create a floating text above DamagedUnit with text (Concentrate Strings: Xunit blocked +(Convert Real to String:0,15*Damage)+ damage)

Nosticus

Reaction score
Set life of DamagedUnit to (Life of DamagedUnit+(0.15*Damage))
Create a floating text above DamagedUnit with text (Concentrate Strings: Xunit blocked +(Convert Real to String:0,15*Damage)+ damage)

cool beans bro, ty

keychup

Reaction score
The problem is that there is no way you can damage that is larger than your HP.

tommerbob

Minecraft. :D
Reaction score
If you know anything about Jass, I suggest using J4L's Damage system. It has a built-in mechanic that allows you to block damage received. It would be perfect for what you are trying to do.

Nosticus

Reaction score
I do not know any Jass, but if you want to explain it to me real quick for this mechanic I would greatly appreciate it :D

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
There is a way to block damage greater than your HP, by adding an ability that increases your life and immediately removing it after the damage has been "healed".

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.