Campaign Map Switching Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

neckface

terrain contest winner! :) dance contest loser. :(
Reaction score
Hi all,

Stay with me on this one, I need your help!

I have my campaign heroes loading from map 1 to map 2 when map 1 ends, all via triggers.
However I do not want these heroes to load when the map 2 button is clicked from the initial campaign screen during subsequent plays.

In map 1 I create a game cache, save the heroes, and save an integer variable called "frommap" with the value of 1.
In map 2 I create the game cache and load the frommap integer. If the value is 1, then I run trigger A. If the value is not 1, then I run trigger B.

Here's where the problem is. In map 2 the game cache is always loaded with frommap integer = 1, even when I start the map from the campaign screen using the map button.

The question: how can I detect if map 2 was started from the campaign loading screen or if it was started by triggers switching it from map 1? How can I direct my triggers two do two different things depending on how the map was loaded?

~neckface

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
You cannot detect such thing.
If you play through your first map only once and set the integer to 1 it will always be loaded as 1 in the next map.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.