Can't Open My Map! :( Help Please

freakincage

Reaction score
Alright well, as in the first time posting this some weeks ago (May 12th, 2008) my problem was simply discovered and solved. Before, trying to open my map a message would come up displaying; Level Info data missing or invalid. Well this time a new message comes up saying now; Main map file could not be opened. As I'm hoping that this is an easy problem to solve, I'm fearing the most...that my map is destroyed for good. I tried the last solution but the map wasn't there so I really don't know what or where the map is. Is the map gone for good? Please help and thank you in advance.

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
You can try to see if it's under C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Maps/Test and see if a working version works. Otherwise... it might be lost.

wellwish3r

wishes wells.
Reaction score
You can try to see if it's under C:/Program Files/Warcraft III/Maps/Test and see if a working version works. Otherwise... it might be lost.

that was the 'last' solution, and he said it doesn't work now.

freakincage

Reaction score
Well I reinstalled Warcraft 3 and it still can't open. Bummer. Guess I will have to start over eh? Well, if anyone can find a solution that would be great, but in the mean time then, could anyone answer why this occurs? In the past 2 months this happened twice and both with different problems. What causes your map to all of a sudden be unopenable?

Level Info data missing or invalid :confused:

Main map file could not be opened :confused:

freakincage

Reaction score
Strange though :eek: because I didn't give it any sort of protection yet...since it is still in the making. Oh well, like I said before, I can't just quit now :| I will just remake it and most likly have 2 different saved files for it...just in case one encounters this problem again.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.