Capturing trigger not functioning

Pandamonium

Reaction score
The trigger is very similar to the risk trigger when changing ownership except instead of using building as the owner, I am using the circle of power which is Player 9(Computer) by default. The circle is in the region.

Red Bottom Spawn
Events
Unit - A unit enters Red Bottom Spawn <gen>
Conditions
((Units in Red Bottom Spawn <gen> owned by (Owner of Circle of Power (large) 0012 <gen>)) is empty) Equal to True
Actions
Unit - Change ownership of Circle of Power (large) 0012 <gen> to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color

Please explain why this doesn't work as I want to learn for future reference with the fix.

Vylatin

Reaction score
Unit - Change ownership of Circle of Power (large) 0012 <gen> to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color

I am not sure, but change (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to (Owner of (Entering unit)).

But as i said, i am not sure :) GL

Pandamonium

Reaction score
That didn't work. Thanks for replying though

EDIT: Is it because the circle of power is in the region too and counts as unit therefore nullifying the condition?

rodead

Reaction score
why not check with a condition if there is any unit of a certain player in the region and change instead of checking if the owner of the entering unit is from player 9 gray which is a computer?

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Try removing the condition, it isn't necessary. Tell me if it works after that.

Note: The condition is kinda necessary, but your going to have to find another way of checking if it is empty or not. Because when a unit enters the region and then you check if the region is empty of units, it won't proceed to the actions because a unit is now in the region.

Pandamonium

Reaction score
I just figured that out right now after a day of working on this trigger. How would I make it so it checks if the region is empty excluding the color of entering unit in condition?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.