Casting a spell (need help)

sentess

Reaction score
I know this maybe very simple but i have been away so long i cant remember how to make an unit cast a spell whith trigger i searched for it but couldnt find it

:D i hope u will help a poor guy :D

Komaqtion

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
You need to use orders like:
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Human Mountain King - Storm Bolt (Target unit of ability being cast)

which will order Triggering Unit to cast any spell he has with the orderstring stormbolt on to Target unit of ability being cast ;)

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Are you sure you've based your custom spell off of Dark Conversion [Mal'ganis] (i think that's the spell you wanted right ?)
Then use this line to order (Triggering Unit) to cast that spell onto (Target unit of ability being cast):
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Special Malganis - Dark Conversion (Target unit of ability being cast)

sentess

Reaction score
note able for me in you text it says

unit- order
isnt it issue else i cant find it ;D

Komaqtion

Reaction score
Yes it's the action Unit- Issue Order Targetting A Unit

sentess

Reaction score
still dont work... okey i explain what i wanna do if that helps
i whant my ''dummy'' that is hideing to use the dark conversion on a neutral villager

Kikac_NNGK

Reaction score
u mean ur dummy is hided by the trigger? Then that unit cant cast a spell since is hided

Naga'sShadow

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Units that have been hidden by a trigger can still cast spells. Things to remember.

1. Does your dummy unit have the spell?
2. Does your dummy unit have the mana to cast the spell?
3. Are you aiming properly?
What I mean is. Is the dummy unit selected as the caster and is the villager selected as the target.

Trigger:
  • Unit - Order (Triggering unit) to Special Malganis - Dark Conversion (Target unit of ability being cast)

This line needs triggering unit replaced with the dummy, either a preplaced one or a unit variable that was previously set or if if you created it in the trigger, last created unit. I also needs the target, and unless this is triggered from a player unit casting a spell at the villager (Target unit of ability being cast) won't work.

sentess

Reaction score
1. yes
2. yes again
3. yes again again

and i use that trigger ;D and just to show u how i set my trigger
Trigger:
  • Unit - Order Dummy spell 0081 to Special Malganis - Dark Conversion Villager (male) 0073 <gen>

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.