Casting time is....frustrating..

Kenak

Reaction score
Alright, to make this short: I made shockwave have a 0.01 second cooldown so you can constantly use it as well as a 0 second casting time. Whenever I use the ability though, after using it the border is still highlighted green even after the ability is used for about 2-5 seconds. :banghead: Why does it do this? :banghead: I changed the area of effect to 0, the distance to 0, and even tried making the range 0. Nothing works. And the crappiest part of all of this is I made a map that used the same ability a while back (and it worked perfectly), but I had my harddrive cleared because my computer had x amount of viruses. :banghead:

If anybody knows what's wrong I'd GREATLY appreicate it.

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Try making the cooldown 0.00 instead of 0.01

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
When you set the casting time to 0, it means infinite, not actually 0, so set it to 0.01 instead of 0.

P

Persen

Or, try changing the casting animation speed (or something like that) of the caster.

Kenak

Reaction score
Cast time, I believe, has nothing to do with how long the ability stays highlighted AFTER the ability has done it's damage. If it had a problem actually using the ability, I would then think it were that (it's also at 0.00 by default). I also have already tried doing 0.00 cooldown, but I figured many would say something about that being bad =P

Which animation is the animation speed? He has a Casting Backswing and Casting Point, which the Backswing has an animation time of 2.41 (so I changed that to .400). Either way, it did not work.

I can attatch the map if anybody wants, and they can see first hand what the problem is and attempt to fix it. Other than that...any more suggestions?

(And thanks for the help anyways, I appreciate the quick replies.)

NoxMortus

All Along the Watchtower
Reaction score
Have you tried setting the casting time to 0.01? I've had the same problem as you , and having 0 casting time was what caused it..

Kenak

Reaction score
Haha, yes, I did try it. I'm not arrogant enough to not try something before telling them that they're wrong/it's not the problem.

H

HoboJoe_5

your problem is with your caster not the spell the unit has a defualt casting time it takes for every spell just set that to 0 problem solved

Kenak

Reaction score
Hm, that sounds like it could be the problem. But, where do I find this "Default Casting Time"? I just looked over the object editer and could not find it.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind. How ironic...it was the Caster Backpitch/swing/whatever. The ability works just find now! Thank you every who helped/suggested solutions :)

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
maybe you should have read the unit editor glossary? :)

Art - Animation - Cast Backswing (Real)

The amount of time it takes a unit/building/hero to go through half the physical movement necessary to cast a spell. If the unit/building/hero has no animations for casting spells, the time set in this field still applies, but there will be no viewed physical movement. This field combines additively with "Art - Animation - Cast Point" to form the total time taken to physically cast a spell.

Art - Animation - Cast Point (Real)

The amount of time it takes a unit/building/hero to go through half the physical movement necessary to cast a spell. If the unit/building/hero has no animations for casting spells, the time set in this field still applies, but there will be no viewed physical movement. This field combines additively with "Art - Animation - Cast Backswing" to form the total time taken to physically cast a spell.

Kenak

Reaction score
I had no idea that exsisted (the glossary that is), and I never thought of the problem being in the actual unit. Hence why I never even tried touching that little field. (And even if I had thought it was in the unit, I doubt I would have guessed that to be the problem).

R

Ruination

I thought this field only referred to the attack animation swings. I will have to use this glossary also! And I'll bet this will solve my delay after blinking dilemma.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.