"Castle Siege" idea thread.

D

D-Project

Hi.
I've just started working on a project called "Castle Siege" Been workin' on it for about a week...

Gameplay:
The purpose is to use your heroes to break through the other side's defenses. There will be towers and what not along the road until you reach the enemy gates. At which you will then have to break down these gates and behind each gate of the castle's defenses will be creeps, more towers, and eventually take you to the final level of defense which will feature a boss type monster (Im shooting for some sort of Grand Golem) That will be protecting the main part of the castle. (Arcane Sanctuary?) Oh, and it's Human vs Undead.

Features:
Creep Spawns - Sent to attack the opposing castle. (I'm thinking about going with waves of creeps as opposed to continuous spawning, but I'm not sure.)
Special Building Unit - (I'm not to sure about this as I just thought of it) This unit will be made to make new towers and perhaps other fortification as opposed to buying items to make your Hero stronger. This unit will not be allowed to repair buildings.
Boss Unit - Last defense against the opposing team. (I might add some Customization Options to buy for this guy)
For now...only one lane - It's going to be mostly linear gameplay, I might add some secret ways to cross into enemy territory
Customized Heroes - Buy your hero at a tavarn, Max lvl - 30, Going with the DotA idea where you have 3 normal spells that upgrade 4 times and 1 ultimate that upgrades three times plus the add attribute bonuses thing. Since max lvl will be 30 the numbers of upgrades are subject to change.
Neutral Creeps - Partners getting all the gold? Can't get enough Exp? Kill some Neutrals!
And of Course...Destructable Gates Simple defense against the enemy

Current Heros:

Humans:

Sylvanas the Windrunner
-Model- I'll give you one guess...
-Abilities:
--Wind Run (Wind walk basically/Ultimate)
--Trap (Ensnare basically)
--Freezing Shot (Cold Arrows)
--In Progress, Probably a summon of some sort
-Agility Hero (Ranged/Duh)

Bloodmere the Blood Hunter
-Model- Blood Elf Lieutenant
-Abilities:
--Warstomp
--Bash
--Devotion Aura
--Bloodlust (Ultimate, Only casts on self, lvl 3 = double attack speed)
-Strength Hero (Melee)

Serge the Lazy Marine
(There's no particular reason why he's lazy, it's an inside Joke with my friends)
-Model- Human Marine
-Abilities:
--Teleport (Blink)
--Targeting (+% Criticals)
--Cloak (Invisibility but slows movement speed, (the idea behind this is that he sneaks around to not make noise while cloake) small damge bonuses when attacking to break invisibility)
--Snipe (Ultimate, does major damage from a distance)
-Agility Hero (Ranged)

Shinji Dragonheart
-Model- Dragonhawk Rider
-Abilities:
--Fire Breath
--Immolation
--Warmth of the Dragon's Heart (Heal Spell)
--Incinerate (Current Ultimate, Subject to change... maybe)
-Stength Hero (Melee)

Owen the Timewalker
-Model- Not decided
-Abilities:
--PhaseShift (Disapear, movement breaks invisibility)
--Universal Stop (Ultimate, stops everyone except Timewalker. Credit goes to ertaboy356b)
--Idea needed
--Idea needed
-Intelegence Hero (Melee)

Paul Thomas the Lazy Ninja
(Again inside joke, the jokes might be edited out for "Official Release")
-Model- Illidan (Good)
-Abilities:
--Shadow Strike
--Evasion
--Night Stalk (Invisible during the night, even while moving, just not attacks obviously)
--Ninja Fury (A variation on Blade Rush by hell_knight9)
-Yet another Agility Hero for the humans. (Melee)

Undead Heros

Dan the Berserker
-Model- Not truly Decided, but w/e it is must be big
-Abilities:
--Hero not made yet, Skills will be based on rage (Dan is an angry kid)
-Strength

What I Need:
-General Ideas (I'm trying not to make this another DotA Rip, but it's been edging close)
-Hero/Spell ideas
-Item Ideas (For the shops to make your hero badass, or to upgrade defenses/Boss dude.)
-Building ideas (For the Special Building Unit, something besides Towers)
-Hell, any helpers in making spells and such would be apreciated also.

Spells!!!!
Help Needed on These...
Phase Shift: "Timewalker Phases himself with an alternate timeline to disapear from the current reality. Movement breaks invisibility" (Basically he's invisible, until he moves)

Night Stalk: "Lazy Ninja drops back into the shadows of the night to track down his target." (Basically a sort of permanent invisibility that only works at night, the fade time changes with level)

In the Idea Bank (Feel free to create these if you feel the need to)
AOE Heal (Restore hp of heroes in a radius)
AOE Restore Mana (Restore Mana in a radius)
Multi Shot (Somethin obvious)
Through Shot (A piercing arrow goes through enemies in a line)
Vampiric Buff (Give A unit a vampiric aura, or just make an Aura)
Berserker's Rage (Not Sure exactly what this will be, but it will be Dan the Berserker's Ultimate)

Alright,
So that's basically What's going down. Please post some ideas and advice soon. Any help you guys want to actually do would also be welcomed. Also post any questions/comments.

Thanks,
~Disfunktional Project~

N

NWG_Jonas

Ide for spells:
Some kind of Waves

Area Heal: heals all herose in a specific area 200hp (for example)

maybe a Ranged hero could have multiply shots.

Mask of Death: (u know that abbilety a item have named Mask of death) making the herose get 20%hp of the damage it takes etc

Other spells u could make costum spell of is, Forked Lightning, Mirror Image and some bash that maybe could have 10% change to do 500dmg but then u make it none hero target, so it just work on creeps :p

well i dont think this helped much but i like to do abbiletys so i just writed some out of my head

D

D-Project

I like the AOE heal idea, im surprised i didn't think of anything like that... in fact, I think I'm gonna make a hero almost completly based on heal/buff spells now.

As for the other ideas, not bad, I could probably use them,
Thanks.

And an update,
The Map So Far...
CastleSiege.jpg

~Disfunktional Project~

Demonwrath

Happy[ExtremelyOverCommercializ ed]HolidaysEveryon
Reaction score
Well right now , especially with the layout of the map, Tank Wars and other maps like that are popping in my head. However I am making a map that is almost completely like Orc Glads....so I won't complain :p

Anyway, for ideas, I have models =]

For your Timewalker guy, I suggest the Medivh model, or the druid of the Talon.

For your Dan the Berserker (what a name lol) I would suggest the undead orc warrior model, the flesh golem, ghoul, or the revenant model

And if you need help with anything. I am more than glad to help (even though I just got a job and have a few other maps....I will help :D). I am especially good with cinematics if you want a good opening :D

N

NWG_Jonas

u could always do a aoe mana stuff :p like the heal but gains mana btw if u need help whit the abbiletys u can ask me im up for help if u want :p

as Demonwrath says im willing to help just im especially good on spells:)

D

D-Project

Alright, cool.
I'm not so sure about an opening cinematic, but i'll be open to the idea

And I could really use help with spellmaking since i'm not so good at making triggers. I'll come back later to post spells I especially need help with.
Thanks

~Disfunktional Project~

NotTheHelper

Yeah, its under your bed.
Reaction score
um for timewalker how about

Aging Blast - The Timewalker can go forward in time and blast the enemy with space time energy from his future.(sry if its really stupid...just thought of it on the spot. I'm trying to think of better one atm)

For items...hmm

How about

Thundarix Of Time- An ancient staff of the Time Gods. Can grant immense powers such as intensified intelligence, increased mana Regen, and an old spell form the past known as Continuum Rift. This spell causes all around a X AoE around the hero to be stopped and then all pulled into the Beholder of the Thundarix Of Time and take massive damage.

Voltonic Blade- A blade forged in the heart of a dormant volcano. This blade is said to carry the power to melt right through people with its magma like edge. Will grant the holder extra strength and cause his skin to almost turn into living armor. Also gives attacking enemies a 15% chance to be blasted back by a beam of magma.

The Mutilator- Well it basically does what it says. It mutilates bodies. Has a 1% chance to cause the enemy to burst into pieces. Also adds attack damage and lowers attack speed by a little.

Ill think of more soon. Hope these are good for now :)

FroznYoghurt

Reaction score
Guess you need some undead heros...

Well maybe;

Nezur the Summoner
(Thinking Lich as model)

Beyond the Grave (Passive. Aura) - ressurects units on death for a short duration (animate death, but without invulnurability)
Baptism of Blood - (isnt that the name of a movie o_O')when attacked/ attacking has a chance of creating a blood golem to fight for him
Doppelganger - spawns a copy of every enemy unit in area for a short duration, is spawned at Nezur but will seek out the unit its copied from. hp and dmg and aoe increased with level.
Demonic Embrace (ultimate)- Spawns a horde of vile imps that will posses nearby allied units, increasing attack speed and movement speed, and giving fire breath ability

and possibly:

Ekkar the Malicious, Champion of the Dead (some skeleton model, but larger)

Haunt - fades (40% transparacy,locust) then moves at target with great speed (maybe like 800 yards/sec) dealing one hit with extra damage, then fades away (100 %, after loop) and "haunts" target again. Number of haunts and +dmg on each hit increases with lvl.
Ghastly Strike - Creates an explosion of undying spirits at target location, dealing dmg and slowing aoe
Grave Axe/Sword - chance on hit to chill target, greatly slowing attack speed for a short duration.
Unclear Phase (activated)- when activated he will ressurect after death and gain +dmg for a short duration, can ressurect up to 3 times.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.