Cavez on Battlereport #2, Mothership, and more!

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
Recently Cavez has posted and answered several questions regarding Zerg eggs, Infestor underground traversing, the Mothership, and the up coming Battlereport #2.

My demands WILL be met.

1. Battle report 2 within next wekk.
2. New Beta contests (I have a thread up about this)
3. An update about some Protoss Air
4. Some info about general Beta times (Your current target motnh would be fantastic)

Now, having just realised I can`t actually make you do anything if your not actually working, I will ask nicely

Please Cavez!!!! We love you!!! xD

1. It's a Terran vs. Zerg game. I promise nothing on what week it will come out. You must continue to suffer and wait.
2. I don't know much about these.
3. We have Void Ray, Phoenix, Mothership, Carrier, Warp Prism, Observer. Mothership moves slowly, can teleport to any Protoss building, can do huge damage to a single target with Vortex and cloaks everything nearby on the ground (including buildings). Mothership is build-limit-one. This is done primarily for balance reasons. You use her as a base defense that can be anywhere you want in a flash. Sometimes you push into an enemy base with her. Testing on her remains a pain because she is so high-tech we don't see her in a lot of games. Right now she is reasonably cool, but we are not in love with her yet.
4. I cannot.

Please discuss.

Source: Battle.net

The biggest news is that Battlereport #2 will feature a match of Terran vs Zerg, and with the new mechanics and graphics it should be really exciting to watch. The mention on the Mothership seems pretty interesting too.

Can Infestors traverse under buildings while burrowed? As far as ive seen buildings do not have foundations so can they move under buildings?

Blue?

No, they cannot move under buildings. The ground is too compacted from the weight of the structure and the Infestor cannot tunnel through. Even Protoss Pylons make everything really hard to move through because a strong magnetic force from the Pylon makes the ground beneath it nearly impenetrable by mortal means.

It's not really practical for the gameplay. You get "units inside units" if the the Infestor could hide under structures which is never a happy place to be. Selection gets difficult, targeting becomes challenging, etc.

Cavez brang up some good points, I'm glad they cannot traverse underneath buildings.

It just came to me that it's a bit strange that mutalisk cocoons are the same as zergling and the same as ultralisk.
Shouln't they be diferent in size, color, stats and so?

Shoultn't a ultralisk egg grow over time untill it hatches? Shoul it?

Opinions, please.

Well, we do have different eggs for the Banelings. They also have different stats (baneling eggs are much easier to kill). There is no reason we couldn't do custom eggs, though I think after about 3-4 different eggs it would start to be hard to tell them apart?

This could mean the Dev team is considering different egg models for each unit, which would both look cool and realistic (lets be honest here, the new Ultralisk size makes no sense with the current egg sizes).

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.