Change model with ability

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
you cant.

but you can make another unit which is an exact copy of the first but with a different model and then use the "Chaos" ability which morphs your first unit into the second. All stats stay the same, model changes.

avalya

Reaction score
Use metamorphosis, it allows you to change the model of the casting unit.

nardretor

Reaction score
How about the ability "Chaos"? i am using that to transform my revenant hero into a dragon. i think it is on the Units/Humans

punwisp

Reaction score
The chaos spell is blank, so I think you would have to explain a bit more on how to use it.

Nighthawk

Reaction score
Are you changing the model of a casting unit or a target unit?

If its the casting unit, then theres many spells including:
Metamorphosis
Destroyer Form
Mount Hippogryph
Robo-Goblin

Each of these spells having different effects and requirements that you can look into (the simplest being metamorphosis and robo-goblin)

If its a target unit, the you can do it one of two ways as far as I know:
1. Use a trigger to replace the unit w/ one that is exactly the same but w/ a different model.
2. Create a dummy unit that uses a modified to fit your needs version of polymorph or hex. The no-attack on polymorph I believe is simply b/c the sheep can't attack and if you turn into a unit with its attacks enabled then the target will be able to.

I guess you could also try adding a metamorphosis spell to the target and ordering it to cast it, then removing it. However, I can see some serious problems with this.

Darkdwarf

Reaction score
The problem is that it needs to be able to change into 18 different models, but I guess I'll just have to do 18 different metamorphosises.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.