Change tooltip fields with triggers?

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to change a certain unit/item/ability's object editor tooltip fields with trigger/jass/anything? I would like to create abilities with a tooltip that display a calculation of the total damage done at that level and how much xp the ability has earned so far (for the spellsystem of my map). Or would it be possible to set your tooltip to a variable and let the variables handle what's inside it?

Rad

Reaction score
Im fairly certain this is impossible. Either display the equation the user can use to calculate themselves, or make an ability with many levels so you can change the level as you gain experience.

Sud

"[If life=Dota] I'd have quit long ago" -- Acehart
Reaction score
Alternatives:

- Place a trigger that will tell the user the current potential damage when they type in a chat line (ie. -spelldamage)

- If you're not using the wood or food fields, make these fields reflect the current damage of the spell (if it's a single unique spell). Place info in the tooltip that the wood indicator is for "spell power" and maybe change the icon to reflect something spelly.

- Floating text over the character when he casts the spell to reflect the amount of damage done (a la critical hit)

S

salempc

make an ability based of channel that wouldnt do anything, but be with your hero. So when you click it a trigger activates and gives you xp :)

Grurf

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clear answer Vexorian, although I don't like it :p I'd like to change the spell description...

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
Grurf said:
Thanks for the clear answer Vexorian, although I don't like it :p I'd like to change the spell description...

You could make the unit switch with anouther unit when he levels up or whatever is happening when you want to change it, with the description you want :)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.