World China-Japan Conflict Could Lead to War

KaerfNomekop

Swim, fishies. Swim through the veil of steel.
Reaction score
I went to one of those fancy private dinners last night in Davos.

Like most of the events here, the dinner was conducted under what are known as "Chatham House Rules," which means that I can't tell you who was there.

I can tell you what was said, though. And one thing that was said rattled a lot of people at the table.

During the dinner, the hosts passed a microphone around the table and asked guests to speak briefly about something that they thought would interest the group.

One of the guests, an influential Chinese professional, talked about the simmering conflict between China and Japan over a group of tiny islands in the Pacific.

China and Japan, you may recall, each claim ownership of these islands, which are little more than a handful of uninhabited rocks between Japan and Taiwan. Recently, the Japan-China tension around the islands has increased, and has led many analysts, including Ian Bremmer of the Eurasia Group, to worry aloud about the potential for a military conflict.

The Chinese professional at dinner last night did not seem so much worried about a military conflict as convinced that one was inevitable. And not because of any strategic value of the islands themselves (they're basically worthless.) Because China and Japan increasingly hate each other.

Read more.
Related article, almost two months old.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
This could lead to quite a bit of action. I wonder what would happen if china and japan declare war; is some other country going to jump in and help? I could image this can go down pretty quickly if it escalates and other countries chip in to the carnage.

KMilz

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
No doubt we'd stick our nose in things as usual. We just gotta be a part of the action, I guess.

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
That would suck badly if that happens. My oldest daughter loves Japan.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont think so. They have transformers and genetically mutated super dinosaurs.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
And are marrying Internet avatars, sex dolls, and pillows.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a very well known fact, but why would that make china win though?

Varine

Reaction score
China is industrial. They live in a cloud of smog, Japan lives in a cloud of irradiated anime sex toys.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
And when they find out how to weaponize those sex dolls they have an instant win.

Varine

Reaction score
After Fuckedoshima, Japan is one little push away from being Japlantis.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.