Cinematics/In-Game Movies

M

MrJoeS

UMS was short for Use Map Settings in StarCraft. It was Melee, Free for All and Use Map Settings. I guess we're all just old StarEdit nuts who can't change the habit.

Darg, if you've got the patience to send your TD to a 56k, I can help you test it, too. It's really nice how WC3 maps are so small. Most are only a few hundred K and that helps the dial-up users.

By some mystery, I don't lag, either.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
lol. I'm a 56k'er too MrJoe......

Unfortunately, my TD map has so much stuff in it that it's ~550k in size. If you think that's big, I can tell you that it used to be 1.1MB in size! I had to start chopping out many things from the map, cause I realised that filesize was just too big and no one would play the map no matter how good it was.

The main reason I still haven't realeased the map is lag issues. The game still suffers from a little bit too much lag, and thus I am still trying to work out what I can do to reduce it.

Oh, and about beta testing my map, I heavily prefer if I was present during ANY beta test of my map, thus I will only give my map to ppl that I meet on AIM/MSN or through bnet.

AIM nick - dargid80
MSN nick - dargid
bnet uswest nick - Darg
bnet useast nick - Darg1

I usually hangout on useast more than west, although I haven't been on bnet too much of late.......

Oh yeah, I can't host games either, so if you can't host as well, then we are stuck........ :)

C

Chrome

Waahaha...my thread! Shoo get out! Wrong thread to post...haha kidding...

Oh ya darg, about that thing i was talking to ya about that day...u got any late developments? and maybe, send it to me next time on AIM, then i can host and beta yr map for ya...

*Sigh*...i'm slowly drifting away from ma cinematic...lol...not been doing much on it lately...been playing more. But it'll be done soon, especially with all this help i'm getting from someone ...heee

Thnx and til we meet again, take care...:)

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.