[Cinematics] The Knights of the Round Table

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
In the last scene, what about stuff like the knight turning as when he talks to Launcelot
Don't they already turn to face each-other?
or walking up to his fathers grave when he's talking about his death?
I could show them walking :thup:

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
While I appreciate your dedication to the old english, some of it seems a little forced, with a bit too much thees and thous and shalts. Also, there's really not much going on. The characters go walk to some place and the camera just sits there as they talk, and they go off.

However, it still was interesting. The terrain was well done, and the story seems to flow well. The plot doesn't feel forced or complicated, and overall it's pretty good, though, as someone else said, the cinematic is a bit too plain. Just a little movement and different camera angles would really spice it up.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
While I appreciate your dedication to the old english, some of it seems a little forced, with a bit too much thees and thous and shalts. Also, there's really not much going on. The characters go walk to some place and the camera just sits there as they talk, and they go off.

However, it still was interesting. The terrain was well done, and the story seems to flow well. The plot doesn't feel forced or complicated, and overall it's pretty good, though, as someone else said, the cinematic is a bit too plain. Just a little movement and different camera angles would really spice it up.

Yes, Knight, exactly what I told you. -_-

Make it kewler so we can have more Lancelot pwnageness... though I hate him...

Knight7770

Reaction score
Yes, Knight, exactly what I told you. -_-
I'll fix the Olde English at my discretion.
Make it kewler so we can have more Lancelot pwnageness... though I hate him...
The "pwnage" fight hasn't even been released yet; I'm too busy grading stuff for the Hero contest :eek:
How dare you hate Sir Launcelot of the Lake! He will "pwn" you!!!

S

Skitz_24

Sir Launcelot, Sir Shmauncelot :p

I think you need to fix the timing a bit, as near the beginning text only stayed sometimes for like half a second and I was left with a blank bar at the bottom :p

I agree on that you are trying too hard with Ye Olde English Language.

And another thing...right now I am getting this sort of repetitiveness from Launcelot...

"I am looking for an adventure, and I am seeking an adventure because adventures are what make me proud to be a knight because in adventures I can accomplish things and use up all of my free time"

If you get my drift :rolleyes:

Knight7770

Reaction score
And another thing...right now I am getting this sort of repetitiveness from Launcelot...

"I am looking for an adventure, and I am seeking an adventure because adventures are what make me proud to be a knight because in adventures I can accomplish things and use up all of my free time"

If you get my drift
What do you mean?

S

Skitz_24

Launcelot mentions having an adventure too much.

I mean he walks into a burning village and the first thing he says is "Where can I find some adventure" =\

You would think as a knight of the Round Table (btw, Table Round...wtf?) he would b more like "What happened here? Are there any survivors? Should I go get help?"

Knight7770

Reaction score
Launcelot mentions having an adventure too much.

I mean he walks into a burning village and the first thing he says is "Where can I find some adventure" =\

You would think as a knight of the Round Table (btw, Table Round...wtf?) he would b more like "What happened here? Are there any survivors? Should I go get help?"
So you think it should go more like this:
"Hail, good sir knight!"
"Hail, squire. I see that there has been a fire hereabouts."
"'Tis rather obvious that there hath been a fire."
"Fine, fine. If you don't want my help, I shall not give it to thou."
"Fine."
"Fine."
"Fine."
"Great!"
"Great!"
etc...

S

Skitz_24

lol

No I think it should be soemthing more along the lines of...

*Launcelot wanders through village*
"Hello? Be there anyone still alive?"
*soldiers runs forward*
"Oh good sir knight, thank goodness you have come, as thou cans't see, our village has been set aflame, and we are in great need of help."
"Lead the way good Squire"

...etc.

Get it now? :p

Knight7770

Reaction score
lol

No I think it should be soemthing more along the lines of...

*Launcelot wanders through village*
"Hello? Be there anyone still alive?"
*soldiers runs forward*
"Oh good sir knight, thank goodness you have come, as thou cans't see, our village has been set aflame, and we are in great need of help."
"Lead the way good Squire"

...etc.

Get it now? :p
I got it the first time; I just felt like having some fun :p
Maybe I would be better suited to make something more along the lines of Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

S

Skitz_24

Are you kidding me? The black knight can't be killed!!! After all, it is 'only a flesh wound'

S

Skitz_24

I better get credited for sparking this brilliant idea >__>

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
Good camera, nice terrain, real good story (as expected from you Knight^^). Can't turn out to be anything else but great?:thup:

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Terrian is pretty blank..
The storyline isn't bad, but It didnt seem that interesting either.. o.0
Needs work.. The cemeras are pretty good, but at one point its partly off the map showing blackness. I agree you over did some of the Old english talking, too.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • WildTurkey WildTurkey:
    is there a stephen green in the house?
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up WildTurkey?
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Looks like Google fixed whatever mistake that made the recipes on the site go crazy and we are no longer trending towards a recipe site lol - I don't care though because it motivated me to spend alot of time on the site improving it and at least now the content people are looking at is not stupid and embarrassing like it was when I first got back into this like 5 years ago.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    Plus - I have a pretty bad ass recipe collection now! That section of the site is 10 thousand times better than it was before
  • The Helper The Helper:
    We now have a web designer at my job. A legit talented professional! I am going to get him to redesign the site theme. It is time.
  • Varine Varine:
    I got one more day of community service and then I'm free from this nonsense! I polished a cop car today for a funeral or something I guess
  • Varine Varine:
    They also were digging threw old shit at the sheriff's office and I tried to get them to give me the old electronic stuff, but they said no. They can't give it to people because they might use it to impersonate a cop or break into their network or some shit? idk but it was a shame to see them take a whole bunch of radios and shit to get shredded and landfilled
  • The Helper The Helper:
    whatever at least you are free
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How are you all? :D
    +1
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Howdy
  • Ghan Ghan:
    Still lurking
    +3
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am great and it is fantastic to see you my friend!
    +1
  • The Helper The Helper:
    If you are new to the site please check out the Recipe and Food Forum https://www.thehelper.net/forums/recipes-and-food.220/
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    How come you're so into recipes lately? Never saw this much interest in this topic in the old days of TH.net
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    Hmm, how do I change my signature?
  • tom_mai78101 tom_mai78101:
    Signatures can be edit in your account profile. As for the old stuffs, I'm thinking it's because Blizzard is now under Microsoft, and because of Microsoft Xbox going the way it is, it's dreadful.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I am not big on the recipes I am just promoting them - I use the site as a practice place promoting stuff
    +2
  • Monovertex Monovertex:
    @tom_mai78101 I must be blind. If I go on my profile I don't see any area to edit the signature; If I go to account details (settings) I don't see any signature area either.
  • The Helper The Helper:
    You can get there if you click the bell icon (alerts) and choose preferences from the bottom, signature will be in the menu on the left there https://www.thehelper.net/account/preferences
  • The Helper The Helper:
    I think I need to split the Sci/Tech news forum into 2 one for Science and one for Tech but I am hating all the moving of posts I would have to do
  • The Helper The Helper:
    What is up Old Mountain Shadow?

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.