[Cinematics] The Knights of the Round Table

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
The whole cinematic is finished. Download it off of the new link in the first post :thup:

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
The whole cinematic is finished. Download it off of the new link in the first post :thup:
Ok..

1. The terrain is still blank. I didnt explain that much in my last post, but for a example; The village was a strait-one kind of tile with houses randomly tossed down, and fire clicked at them really fast. It would be better with woods in the backround or somthing, and the village to look like it had somthing in it before, (Dead bodies, burning crates & other piles of stuff.) and in other areas, its also just plain dies, sometimes fire, as well as mass-archways. It looks to blank, like people are walking through the map editor before the maps finished.
2. When they were walking to his fathers tomb, near it they suddenly wraped too it..
3. "Mine own fathers.." Mine own sounds really wierd... And would'st. "Table Round"? Round table would sound better..
4. While they were walking to the dark knights place, and the archway spammed place, it was too much of watching them walk, IMO.
5.The knight lives on a blank flat floor? K.
6. The woods were some trees on leaves tileset, nothing else, kinda dull.
7. Spider walks up to him and eats him. So entertaining? o.0
8. Some random guy walks up to him and hits him once, no fight or anything... That was a huge dissapointment..

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Exactly What I Said! Aha!

1.) The terrain is bad. Ok, admit it, it's nubbish. Don't ask "What's wrong with it?" Ask "How can it be improved?"
2.)The 'Round Table' thing. SEE KNIGHT, I TOLD U :p!
3.) yes once again the terraining needs work. If you'd like, I could do it for you or at least help.
4.) Yes, the spider thing is dumb. Make some action, and make it look like he is struggling and he fights for like 30 seconds, and finally, he is exhausted and THEN dies.
5.) yeah, dissapointment in the fight. ACTION PLEASE!

Besides that.....

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
eh I was expecting more, the finished product is pretty bland. Maybe focus less on ye olde tyme english and more on entertainment.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Exactly What I Said! Aha!
You didn't say any of that.
8. Some random guy walks up to him and hits him once, no fight or anything... That was a huge dissapointment..
It's a joke; a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
7. Spider walks up to him and eats him. So entertaining? o.0
He wanted to duel with a beast...
2. When they were walking to his fathers tomb, near it they suddenly wraped too it..
Oops; I forgot to fix that.
5.The knight lives on a blank flat floor? K.
My castle is gone :eek:
4. While they were walking to the dark knights place, and the archway spammed place, it was too much of watching them walk, IMO.
Would you rather have a boring fade filter instead? :rolleyes:
4.) Yes, the spider thing is dumb. Make some action, and make it look like he is struggling and he fights for like 30 seconds, and finally, he is exhausted and THEN dies.
I think the way it is now is fine.
2.)The 'Round Table' thing. SEE KNIGHT, I TOLD U !
Fine; you win this round.
3.) yes once again the terraining needs work. If you'd like, I could do it for you or at least help.
At least Daskunk tells me where it is bad.
1.) The terrain is bad. Ok, admit it, it's nubbish. Don't ask "What's wrong with it?" Ask "How can it be improved?"
I never said that it wasn't bad. I say "what's wrong with it?" because in order to fix it, I need to know what is wrong with it. Not knowing what's wrong with it and trying to fix it is like trying to find a place in a forest without a map.
5.) yeah, dissapointment in the fight. ACTION PLEASE!
I like the joke... Would you rather have them fight and then the joke?

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Knight, I'll say it straight out:

Your cinematic has potential, but is currently near-horrible. Please, you ask for suggestions, but you don't LISTEN TO THEM! 3 people give you overall the same tips, but you just talk back. You have to always keep improving, not defend your map agaisnt facts that are true. No one is flaming your cinematic for stupid and unfair reasons. We are trying to HELP you!

Sigh. No hard feelings, right? :)

Knight7770

Reaction score
Please, you ask for suggestions, but you don't LISTEN TO THEM!
I do listen to them.
3 people give you overall the same tips, but you just talk back.
I've got to respond to them.
Sigh. No hard feelings, right?
Never :thup:

Why don't we all consider this cinematic as a kind of trial? I'm sure that the next one will be far better, because this time, I'll actually be interested in it.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
It's a joke; a reference to Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
"King aurther" could have had a fight and the joke still be there, though.

Oops; I forgot to fix that.

My castle is gone :eek:
You tested it before you posted right? :-O

Would you rather have a boring fade filter instead? :rolleyes:
No, I just think the walking time should be a little shorter. Not removed completly.

He wanted to duel with a beast...
That wasnt a duel, its was a meal. No fighting or dueling. No devour noise, even!

It would be a LITTLE better if the spider webbed him, then walked to him and poisened him, then he turns green slowly, then plays death animation. Then play the ghouls eat corpse sound, and make the spider eat him. That would be a LITTLE better. Maybe make the guy attack the spider one or so, when it comes to poisen him. At least it would be better then the guy saying or doing nothing and the spider walking up then he suddenly "Dissapears", and the spider walks back.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
I didn't even see a spider o_O

There was just a huge tower in the way.

Hm... I guess it is fine for a first or whatever, but it still needs better cameras, music, terrain, and some more interesting scenes.

To make better cameras, have better transitions and make them be in nice areas.

For music, try not to just switch songs. Maybe have one fade out or something. And don't have areas where there is no music. ;) Make sure the music fits the moment too.

The terrain is a little flat and empty, you say to go crazy with imports but you have no imported doodads. :rolleyes:

Yeah... Pretty much all of the above. It needs work but it could be better when more polished.

Knight7770

Reaction score
Thanks for all of your responses, guys. I'm going to go into a relatively long work-session now, so another update probably won't be happening anytime soon :eek:

R@i_no_Wyrm

Reaction score
Ending... that the dark knight said 'it's only a flesh wound' and it's over? (or it's the beta version I download?)
Very... not suit an ending.

Add underground doodads?

No battle scenes? just talks? Why not; at least add passive combat.

When I pressed escape in the ending nothing happened...

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I say dump the 'joke' at the end (more like a poor remake of a good joke, tbh) and just add a good scene, and if you are in fact remaking your cinematic please(please[please]) remove the old english, or at least most of it. It is so distracting from the rest of it.
Maybe improve your terrain too. Add some tile variation and doodads.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
That's probably because a victory/defeat trigger wasn't implemented yet. No biggie... though it would be easier with one. :)

Knight7770

Reaction score
and if you are in fact remaking your cinematic please(please[please]) remove the old english, or at least most of it. It is so distracting from the rest of it.
That's how they spoke...would you rather have them speak like some people on the forum? :thdown:
Oh yeah. I forgot to say that, I had too alt-F4...
I think that pressing esc and leaving a cinematic is a very bad idea. That's just my opinion; see the below sentence.
That's probably because a victory/defeat trigger wasn't implemented yet. No biggie... though it would be easier with one.
It's much easier to just press Alt-F4 :rolleyes:

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
That's how they spoke...would you rather have them speak like some people on the forum?

It's a fiction story, and everything else in your story is so random and doesn't make sense at all (like the archway cave covered in frozen rocks, wtf?) yet the old english must be correct? Anyways, it's probably not that accurate anyway.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

• Ghan
        Administrator - Servers are fun

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.