[Cinematics] The Knights of the Round Table

Oninuva

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
The terrain sucks still. No other way to put it. Story is really bland and predictable. It maybe how it was told originally but can't you spice it up?

Knight7770

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped aliophobia
Reaction score
Actually he made it up. But yeah. The terrain is real boring.
Alright; so the terrain sucks. Sue me :thup:
The terrain sucks still. No other way to put it.
Actually, there are many other ways to put it.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
Alright; so the terrain sucks. Sue me :thup:

Actually, there are many other ways to put it.

All you need is a few doodads in the right place (ex. shrubs in a forest, rocks on a cliff, corpses and trash in a ruined city, etc.) as well as some terrain variation.

Knight7770

Reaction score
All you need is a few doodads in the right place (ex. shrubs in a forest, rocks on a cliff, corpses and trash in a ruined city, etc.) as well as some terrain variation.
Now that's what I call constructive criticism :thup:

Knight7770

Reaction score
Rather large-ish update to the first post. Check it out :thup:

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
I checked it out. It's um... well... I guess the terrain's better.

But, the ending is still stupid (no offense). They just do some generic fighting, you threw in some blood SFX, then take the lines from a movie that don't really fit in at all. I mean, do you really find it funny? It's pretty stupid.

Overall the cinematic could use a lot of work. All your talk scenes are just one zoomed out camera. Seeing as most of your cinematic is talking, you could use some more dynamic camera angles and maybe some animations too. I mean, if you're gonna make big ol' conversations might as well make them interesting.

Sorry, but I feel like I'm reading a children's picture book watching this cinematic.

On a more positive note, you're terrain is much improved. The forest was nicer (could still use some more doodads though) and that long hallway wasn't so bland (maybe less flies though). Also, the ruined city was nice. I thought it was the best part you made.

Daskunk

SC2 Forum MVP - TheSkunk #386
Reaction score
Rather large-ish update to the first post. Check it out :thup:
Terrain is better, but not great.. the archway-spammed place still looks bad IMO, nothing was changed about it..

"Emissius no-" then the knight talking happend twice.... o.0
At the end of that talk, it got brighter, then faded into black, then faded back in then faded out again... o.0

Also, the marble cliff when they are getting near the dark knights castle still looks wierd to me..

It total, It was much better, but still not too great.. Keep up the good work.

Knight7770

Reaction score
the archway-spammed place still looks bad IMO, nothing was changed about it..
I'm trying to find some better doodads.
At the end of that talk, it got brighter, then faded into black, then faded back in then faded out again... o.0
I will try to fix that, but I'm not sure that I can.
They just do some generic fighting, you threw in some blood SFX,
Well, a few things:
They've got to bleed, they are human.
It's not like they have any special powers to enhance the fight; if you could suggest something, that would be great.

Dakho

()[o__o]()
Reaction score
It's not like they have any special powers to enhance the fight; if you could suggest something, that would be great.

Go to wc3campaigns.com and check out the cinematics section. Watch some of those approved cinematics, check out their triggers. It'll show you how to make cooler battles, even with just two melee characters. And if you already know how to do complex GUI, you can make dash spells and knockback spells and such to make the fight cooler.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.