City of Heroes

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Just messing around with a prologue to a story.. I won't finish the story but I felt like writing a prologue. :eek:

Two heroes ran, at a pace unattainable by normal humans, through a dark alleyway. The taller one, the one they called Hunter, wore an outfit of assorted animal hides. A lion skin on his chest, a belt crafted from a buck, pants made from a tiger, and boots fashioned from the finest panther. On his back was a large bearskin. Even though he was gifted with superhuman strength and speed, these self-hunted and enchanted furs, which were completely impenetrable by bullets, would assure his safety. In his arms, he carried a small wrap of blankets. The other, Plasticity, wore a black suit and tie. On his head, he wore a black top hat. If he were to take off his hat, one would see that his body was fused with 100% plastic. In his arms, he carried an envelope.
When they reached the end of the alleyway, they stopped suddenly and Hunter glanced around the corner. He signaled Plasticity, and once again, they sprinted along the street towards their goal. Saint Mary’s Orphanage for Children.
Meanwhile, Altitude effortlessly flew through the New York City sky. He used his raptor-like nighttime vision to spot his destination.. This was the place. He was sure of it. Using his ten-foot wingspan, Altitude propelled himself downwards, aiming for a rooftop across the street from the orphanage. While landing, his three hundred pound black armor clinked softly. He settled into a crouch and looked at the scene beneath him. The oak doors of the orphanage opened just as Hunter and Plasticity reached them. A short habitual nun stepped forward.
“Here he is,” whispered Hunter.
“I trust you have the donation?” the nun asked.
“Yes, yes of course,” replied Plasticity as he handed over the envelope.
“If you don’t mind me asking, what is so special about this, Hero, anyway?”
“We don’t pay you to ask questions Sister,” Plasticity snapped.
There was a short silence. Then the trio heard a slight noise coming from somewhere high up, like a bird taking flight.
“What was that?” the nun asked nervously.
Hunter and Plasticity glanced at each other, knowing exactly who made that sound.

Already 3 miles above the New York City skyline, Altitude grinned.

Sil3nt

SUP?
Reaction score
I like it. I like stories which I can imagine easily in my mind. I'm also into supernatural/hero type of stories.

When you write do you visualize it as if its a actual movie/tv show?
I've always tried to write a proper prologue fo my stories but I find myself making it look like a script.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yes, yes, agree. But these names are strange... as are superheroes.

Don't forget Hancock. :p

Seb!

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Yeah actually, I do.. I think of how a movie would put it, and try to go off that.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.