[Contest] Ultimate Graphix

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Ok, I am closing the contest.
Here it is the Poll. If you missed the thread and you still want to submit something, sorry, but more than a week passed with no WIPs or new submissions. Maybe next time.

monoVertex

I'm back!
Reaction score
Judging done, thus the winners are finally decided!

I am glad to announce that the first place goes to guitarplay, with the Gun image, the second place goes to Jo_O, with the Blue image and the third place goes to Whitesock, with the Planets image.

Here are the ratings:
Code:
_
Utator Ultimated
|--Creativity/Originality: 12 [The idea of the image belongs to Jindo, indeed, so it is original from this point of view, but it's not the first Utator I see.]
|--Details: 8 [I like the blue flames around the Utator, but, the inside of it is a bit empty and boring. I also see that you gave special attention to the text. I don't like that big parts of it are blurred.]
|--Effort: 7 [I suppose that the rectangles inside the Utator and the flames took a while,but the background looks a bit too simple, on a first sight.]
|--General Appealing: 8 [Generally, I don't like the blurred/clear areas balance. It just bothers me. The colors are ok, except the white on the text, a bit.]
|-->My rating: 35
|-->Votes: 5
|--->Total: 40
_
Invidualism
|--Creativity/Originality: 14 [I'd say that the idea of a lonely person is not that oiginal, but the way you represent it is really interesting and new to me.]
|--Details: 14 [I like that you interpreted the difference between humans through the variation of crayons.]
|--Effort: 7 [Well, I bet that arraning the crayons took a while, but, in the computer editing part, I don't see much effort, except the text and the borders (maybe a color effect, I can't say for sure).]
|--General Appealing: 10 [I really like this one. The sepia effects gives a great feeling and the picture actually has a concept.]
|-->My rating: 45
|--->Total: 50
_
The Umbrella 
|--Creativity/Originality: 15 [The idea is, again, very interesting and, even if you just captured a natural phenomenon, I will give you maximum points.]
|--Details: 13 [The subject beign something that the nature created, the photo is highly detailed.]
|--Effort: 5 [It seems that the effort envolved in creating this one is even smaller than at the other one. You took the photo, then added text and border. Thus the low grade.]
|--General Appealing: 9 [Again, an apealing image. The umbrella looks awesome, frozen like that.]
|-->My rating: 42
|--->Total: 47
_
Blue 
|--Creativity/Originality: 12 [Well, it is an abstract design, you can't talk too much about originality here...However, the image has some interesting elements.]
|--Details: 13 [The image has a blank spot, but that's for the sake of balance, so it doesn't bother me too much.]
|--Effort: 7 [Well, i think that brushes were a great help here :P.]
|--General Appealing: 9 [Nice pic, the colors are wonderful.]
|-->My rating: 41
|-->Votes: 25
|--->Total: 66
_
Teal
|--Creativity/Originality: 10 [Again, abstract desing, but the elements in this one are not that original.]
|--Details: 9 [There are a few blank spots and the image, is not as detailed as the other one.]
|--Effort: 7 [Looks like some random smudging and a lot of filters.]
|--General Appealing: 7 [Well, can't say that I love the colors and the image is overall a bit boring.]
|-->My rating: 33
|-->Votes: 0
|--->Total: 33
_
Planets
|--Creativity/Originality: 5 [A galactic view is not original at all, sorry]
|--Details: 15 [At this point, the image is really good, the planets and the background beign highly detailed. Yet, the background could have used a bit randomization. However, this is the most detailed image so far.]
|--Effort: 9 [Well, I bet that filters where a great help, but the image looks like it involved a lot of effort, overall.]
|--General Appealing: 9 [Great one, I like it a lot. However, the only thing that bothers me is the closest planet, it just doesn't looks really good to me.]
|-->My rating: 38
|-->Votes: 20
|--->Total: 58
_
Gun
|--Creativity/Originality: 8 [Not really original, especially that you used a refference pic.]
|--Details: 14 [Well, it is highly detailed, starting from the reflection of the shadow to all the fences in the gun.]
|--Effort: 10 [From my previous 3D modeling experiences, I know that there is much effort involved here. In my opinion, at least.]
|--General Appealing: 9 [I like it. The gun could have been a more interesting one, but is good, none-the-less.]
|-->My rating: 41
|-->Votes: 30
|--->Total: 71
_

Congratulations to all contestants!

Corleone

Reaction score
Sorry to go off-topic, but Guitarplay.. do you happen to be a member of the Turbosquid.com forums? Because I saw those 2 pics only a few days ago there.

G

guitarplay

Thank you, and i appreciate everyone who voted for me, and am glad to have wone :).

I do know of turbo squid yes, and i can assure you, i did not copy my artwork from anyone elses. The gun, however, is a fairly known gun due to the fact that it is the toomb raider gun so if someone has made a model of it i would not be surprised. I would however, not post on turbosquid with this pic either because its a blender model, and turbosquid is not a lagre blender community, however there is a blender artists forum that i do post on.

As for the guitar?? im not sure what your getting at, maby that i recently changed my avatar to one. Its a fender telecaster, which the other is not. It is some sort of fantasy guitar bassed off a mix of a telecaster and stratocaster??

Corleone

Reaction score
Thank you, and i appreciate everyone who voted for me, and am glad to have wone :).

I do know of turbo squid yes, and i can assure you, i did not copy my artwork from anyone elses. The gun, however, is a fairly known gun due to the fact that it is the toomb raider gun so if someone has made a model of it i would not be surprised. I would however, not post on turbosquid with this pic either because its a blender model, and turbosquid is not a lagre blender community, however there is a blender artists forum that i do post on.

As for the guitar?? im not sure what your getting at, maby that i recently changed my avatar to one. Its a fender telecaster, which the other is not. It is some sort of fantasy guitar bassed off a mix of a telecaster and stratocaster??

lol, I was just wondering. I love the pics, anyway ^_^

Jo.O

Bored...
Reaction score
Woot, I came second? :D
Feels like years since I made that sig, hopefully we'll see another contest like this, but with shorter time (2 weeks or so)

<3

G

guitarplay

oh yeah, forgot to say this, but congrats to Jo_O and whitesock, and great job to Jindo and w/e

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.