Corrupt map...?

DaveyLawton

Reaction score
Hey, for some reason when I load up my map some (just some) of the units I have placed simply do not appear, and also the triggers don't run. The only editor I have used is basic WC3 WE and no other external editing software has been used either. :banghead:

PLEASE HELP!!! I need this map to work!

Cheers, Davey.

X-maul

AKA: Demtrod
Reaction score
sometimes units that there is not room for will be removed in-game, and if the triggers do not run - try to check what triggers it is and if it is some specific triggers.

DaveyLawton

Reaction score
Hey.

Nah there's plenty of room for them. It's just suddenly happened when I loaded up the map today. And it's every trigger.

DaveyLawton

Reaction score
Triggers are all running perfectly, yes. Not disabled and set to initially on. Scan computer for a virus? Probably a good idea, but is it really likely to affect my maps...?

Inflicted

Currently inactive
Reaction score
i doubt it, the only thing i can think of that would do that is a trigger removing them.

try disable all your triggers and see if the problem is stilll there.

DaveyLawton

Reaction score
Disabled them, saved it and ran it, then enabled them and did the same. Also another thing I noticed; If I add an other untis for P1 to the map, they're not there either. Yet any neutral hostile units I make will stay on there. Also any new triggers i make won't run either.

NeuroToxin

Reaction score
Do you have a Windows 7 or Vista? If so, are you running editor as administrator, I did that and I couldnt load my map, or see it, and some other things

X.Terror.X

Reaction score
it are much triggers?? if not much can you post some of them??
human mistakes is most detected by other humans.

you dont detect own made mistakes so often or fast ;p

DaveyLawton

Reaction score
No no no, it's not as simple as that... The triggers all worked. All of them. Perfectly. Even simple ones such as "Elapsed time - 0.01 seconds set time of day to 9:00". They all worked. Then the next day, they all just stopped. For no reason. They were all flawless triggers, but now they just don't run. And any units involved with the triggers show up in editor, but when I load the map in game or test the map they're not there.

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe just upload the map and we will have a look. because you can clearly see we cant help you right now.

DaveyLawton

Reaction score
I can upload files!? Christ, if I knew I coulda done that I'd have done it right from the start, hahahaha! Okay... How do I upload files?

DaveyLawton

Reaction score
Oops, never mind, here... I've attatched it to this. Problems to note...: All triggers work, but don't run in the game. Random units are not created in the game when they're on the map... Any new units for P1 you make won't be in the game when you start it either. Cheers guys!

Attachments

• EPIC EPICNESS.w3x
    1.4 MB · Views: 172

Accname

2D-Graphics enthusiast
Reaction score
Oops, never mind, here... I've attatched it to this. Problems to note...: All triggers work, but don't run in the game. Random units are not created in the game when they're on the map... Any new units for P1 you make won't be in the game when you start it either. Cheers guys!

this sure is strange. you are right, it doesnt work.

if you place structures they appear but normal units dont. even though all triggers are deleted no units appear, standard wc3 units with no changes in the object editor. and even creating triggers trying to spawn units do not work at all.

well, i cant help you mate, i cant say anything but that you were right, your map seems somewhat corrupted.

Whoareyou.

Reaction score
The map seems to be fine, what Inflicted said might actually work, you could have just got some glitch [not really though] in the editor [Happens to me sometimes] so give it a shot, if it doesn't work you might wanna change some triggers or change something...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.