General Court overturns father's grounding of 12-year-old

The Helper

Necromancy Power over 9000
Staff member
Reaction score
OTTAWA (AFP) — A Canadian court has lifted a 12-year-old girl's grounding, overturning her father's punishment for disobeying his orders to stay off the Internet, his lawyer said Wednesday.

The girl had taken her father to Quebec Superior Court after he refused to allow her to go on a school trip for chatting on websites he tried to block, and then posting "inappropriate" pictures of herself online using a friend's computer.

The father's lawyer Kim Beaudoin said the disciplinary measures were for the girl's "own protection" and is appealing the ruling.

Last edited:

Blackveiled

Formerly, Ban-Lord
Reaction score
I would be pissed off, and that court is not very intelligible if the girl is posting inappropriate pictures of herself all over the internet.

Varine

And as the moon rises, we shall prepare for war
Reaction score
What the hell kind of court lets a twelve year old sue her father over being grounded?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Stupidest thing ever. Ok so they can't hit em, and now they can't punish them. Seriously stuid....

Lobster

Old Fogey ofthe site
Reaction score
damiens probably right. but neway: I thought the us judge system was messed up.

(I don't have much to do with it though, i dont break the law.)

Asehujiko

Reaction score
She wasn't allowed to go on her end of school trip because she had an argument with her stepmom. And there's been a custody battle arround her going on for 10 years.

"In the Gatineau case, the girl's parents are divorced and her mother allegedly supported her daughter's desire to go on the trip, having even signed up as a parental supervisor.

But when the father refused to grant his permission, the girl and her lawyer took the matter to court."

I'm with the kid on this one.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.