Creating spells

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to create a few spells. One being it only heals, the other that it only hurts undead.

In addition, I want to make a bloodlust spell that doesn't have an autocast. (I've been told that you can't Permanently turn off autocast).

Is there a tutorial or a map that could give me some guidelines on doing this?

HG-Bonfire

Reaction score
With regards to the Bloodlust, I've found the best way to make an autocast spell unable to be autocasted is to base an ability off of channel and trigger a dummy to cast it when you cast the channeled ability.

There might be a better way, but I don't know of any.

XeNiM666

I lurk for pizza
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm trying to create a few spells. One being it only heals, the other that it only hurts undead.

Holy Light. :D

In addition, I want to make a bloodlust spell that doesn't have an autocast.

Unholy Frenzy with 0.00 Life drained per second. PS: it doesnt increase the size of the unit.

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
thanks a bunch! Oh, but regarding holy light, ya see, that also heals a friendly unit. I was trying to make 2 separate ones. One that only hurts undead, and one that only heals friendlies.

I'm also trying to make a Movement Haste spell and a Raise Undead spell that doesn't have auto cast

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
So use heal for the heal, and use a spell that can only target undead?

Fire-Wolf

S.P.D Smoke Pot Daily, Legalize It!
Reaction score
Fine keep it a secret but you are going to have to trigger heal if you dont want to make it have an auto cast.

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
holy light change artwork and delete undead damage.

I'm looking at Holy Light. I want to make it so it doesn't heal, but it hurts undead. Which I can't see to do. Will I have to make my own spell for this?

Also, I put a unit under the Undead section, but made it so Orc can make. When I use Holy Light against it, it says the target isn't undead. Why? Is it cause an Undead player didn't make?

CYRRIC

Reaction score
i just try it use holy light and just add the selection enemie in the spell editor target and the spell will onyl target undead enemies.

and for more detail you can also go in the game interface and chagne text as you wish :)

SkateuUp

Reaction score
as earlier said use healing wave no bounces for the heal. I find it extremely hard to ever do anything with death coil or holy light. They are just... weird :p If u get them to work how you want thats cool but another way is to just make it channel and trigger it. free handed so bear with me.
Event unit begans the effect of an ability
Conditions ability equal to channel
(target unit of ability being cast) equal to undead true
set target=(target unit of ability being cast)
Event set target=(target unit of ability being cast)
IF: (target unit of ability being cast) equal to undead true Then cause triggering unit to damage target dealing 100(level of ability channel for unit) Else set mana of triggering unit to (mana of triggering unit) + 100(level of ability channel for unit)
Display text to owner of triggering unit: You must target undead
set target= no unit

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
as earlier said use healing wave no bounces for the heal. I find it extremely hard to ever do anything with death coil or holy light. They are just... weird :p If u get them to work how you want thats cool but another way is to just make it channel and trigger it. free handed so bear with me.
Event unit begans the effect of an ability
Conditions ability equal to channel
(target unit of ability being cast) equal to undead true
set target=(target unit of ability being cast)
Event set target=(target unit of ability being cast)
IF: (target unit of ability being cast) equal to undead true Then cause triggering unit to damage target dealing 100(level of ability channel for unit) Else set mana of triggering unit to (mana of triggering unit) + 100(level of ability channel for unit)
Display text to owner of triggering unit: You must target undead
set target= no unit

So this is for harming Undead? thanks. I have a question though. If i set a unit to be Undead in object editor, but allow lets say Orc to create said unit. Will this spell be able to harm this unit even though it was made by Orc?

SkateuUp

Reaction score
Im not sure it should in theory. You might want to see the gameplay constants see if anything there effects this. and i accidently put set variable twice you only need it once
Edit: also make sure the unit classification is set as undead.

Swiftbeard

Reaction score
Im not sure it should in theory. You might want to see the gameplay constants see if anything there effects this. and i accidently put set variable twice you only need it once

kk thanks alot. Are there any spells out there atm that allow +movement speed that don't have an auto cast? Also I'm trying to make a skeleton spell that doesn't have an auto cast.

Also about harming undead spells...couldn't I do something with Death Pact? Like have it be able to attack enemy undead too? But not have it heal my unit?

SkateuUp

Reaction score
idk bout death pact because for damage you need to have life converted to the user. windwalk for movement speed, more details on skelly spell
Edit: for a targeted movement speed bonus you can use cripple and change the movement speed value to a negative

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.