Creating Unit's by text

garet10

Reaction score
I am currently making a map with cheats. It's very basic. type gold and you get 10k, type lumber you get 10k, type tank you get a tank, ect.

Is there a way to create some kind of a trigger that if i type the abr-or the units name, I create it?

The second thing is I want to select a unit and then type a location [12,100]and the unit goes to that location on the map. I think I know how you do this but can you post for me please. If you know it?

Like I want a footman I would type: footman and I get it.
Like I want a footman I would type: footwoman and I get it.<---hehe

Post if you can help. Thanks.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
This has been asked be4, use searchfunction: this thread

Code:
Events
    Players type - as a substring
Condition
    Substring ((Entered Chatstring),1 ,2) is equal to [U]- [/U]
                                                    [B]NOTICE THE SPACEBAR[/B]
Actions
    Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type((Substring(Entered chat string), 3,(Lengt of (Entered chat string)))) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

frozenwind.

garet10

Reaction score
Notice The Spacebar

whats that? you type name of unit and space or space before?

name or
name ?

what about the unit movings? what are the moveable numbers?
1-255? how can I find the max number to move the unit to>?

rodead

Reaction score
no he means that you need to look if you use a space or not like1,2 means the 1 and second letter and spaces also count as letters thats why!

kingbdogz

The Edge of Eternity is upon us.
Reaction score
and for question one!

Code:
Create Unit
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing Footman as An exact match
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at (Choice Of Region) facing Default building facing degrees

enjoy!

EDIT:im not sure why but everytime i try to help even when im the first person to answer i always get feedback like thats a stupid way or theres a better way then that.. sheesh cant i help? XD

rodead

Reaction score
first question was allready answerd at an efficent way then yours here is the second store the strings typed into an integer or real and move the unit instanly to that location.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
Ok, this is better:

Type: - >name<
Code:
Events
Condition
    Substring ((Entered Chatstring),1 ,2) is equal to [U]- [/U]
                                                    [B]NOTICE THE SPACEBAR[/B]
Actions
    Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type((Substring(Entered chat string), 3,(Lengt of (Entered chat string)))) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Type: ->name<
Code:
Events
Condition
    Substring ((Entered Chatstring),1 ,1) is equal to -
                                                    [B]NO SPACEBAR[/B]
Actions
    Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type((Substring(Entered chat string), 2,(Lengt of (Entered chat string)))) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees
Type: >name< (I WOULDN'T EVER TAKE THIS, cos it will bug badly!)
Code:
Events
    Players type >empty string< as a substring
Condition
Actions
    Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type((Entered chat string))) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

frozenwind.

garet10

Reaction score
hi again

how high can these go?

Substring ((Entered Chatstring),1 ,2) is equal to -

What would you suggest I should do?
What do you mean buggy?

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
I suggest something like:
-create >your unit<

It'll bug if you take the 3rd cos you can't make a condition for it.
It'll run ALWAYS, even if someone says "hi".

frozenwind.

garet10

Reaction score
I stick to basic,

Since it is a cheat map. I use kingbdogz was and Pick a few units i want and poof. Thanks for your help guys. I also have a trigger that I type (unit) and it creates a random unit of netural hostile. 1 flawed to this. my map in in ashenvale, and it only creates ashenvale enemies? how can I make to create any from any kind?

Iwan_Krissov

Reaction score
For your movement-problem

You could use something like this:

Code:
UnitMovementViaChat
    Ereignisse
        Spieler - Spieler 1 (Rot) types a chat message containing -moveunit as Ein Teil-String
    Bedingungen
    Aktionen
        Set MoveTarget_String = (Entered chat string)
        Set MoveTarget_String = (Substring(MoveTarget_String, 11, ((Length of (Entered chat string)) - 1)))
        Set MoveUnit_Target[0] = (Real((Substring(MoveTarget_String, 1, 5))))
        Set MoveUnit_Target[1] = (Real((Substring(MoveTarget_String, 7, 11))))
        Einheitengruppe - Pick every unit in (Units owned by Spieler 1 (Rot) matching (((Matching unit) is selected by Spieler 1 (Rot)) Gleich True)) and do (Actions)
            Schleifen - Aktionen
                Einheit - Move (Picked unit) instantly to (Point(MoveUnit_Target[0], MoveUnit_Target[1]))

Im sorry, but Im using a german version of Warcraft, so if you cant read any parts of the code, just tell me...

The trigger is just an basic idea and would only work if one types "-moveunit[xxxxx,yyyyy]". but im sure it can be modified in a way, that makes it lesser buggy...
you woul also need some more conditions etc...

D

Dr4gonL0rd

Well, I wanted the same exact thing that you want, and I posted about it. The trigger Ghan_04 gave me was:
Code:
Spawn Units
    Events
        Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing -spawn as A substring
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit - Create 1 (Unit-type((Substring((Entered chat string), 8, (Length of (Entered chat string)))))) for Player 1 (Red) at (Center of (Playable map area)) facing Default building facing degrees

It works perfectly, and it's really simple. The only thing about it is that you can't have any spaces. So if you wanted to spawn a "Priestess of the Moon," you would have to type: -spawn priestessofthemoon
Also, I don't think capitals matter on it.

Frozenwind

System maker
Reaction score
I've allready posted that trigger, only debugged with a condition,
cos in your trigger you can just type:

"type -spawn to create a unit", the trigger will run, even though you don't want to.

frozenwind.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.