Creatures stop spawning code

U

Unregistered

here is the code i used Darg:

i used a region

Events:

Unit - A unit enters NW Ant Spawn <gen>

Conditions:

((Triggering Unit) is a ground unit) Not equal to (Ants NW <gen> contains (Last created unit))

Actions:

Unit - Create 3 (Unit-type of Cletus's Pet Ant 0007 <gen>) for Neutral Hostile at (Random point in NW Ants NW <gen>) facing 310.00 degrees

the goal is to have the player use his/her hero to walk on a Circle of power and generate 3 of these ants in the same room as many times as desired. so far its not working so well.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
The event and action look fine, but the condition doesn't make any sense to me.

"((Triggering Unit) is a ground unit)" I get, and "(Ants NW <gen> contains (Last created unit))" I get too, but the "not equal to" is odd - I don't get how you could merge those 2 conditions and put that in between them.

I'm not 100% sure what condition you want, but I will take a guess:

condition:
[boolean comparison - unit classification check]
(entering unit) is a ground unit equal to true
[unit-type comparison]
unit-type of (entering unit) not equal to Cletus's Pet Ant 0007 <gen>)
[boolean comparison - unit in region]
(NW Ants NW) contains (last created unit) equal to true

Hopefully that helps you out.

btw, congrats on a nicely written post, it's clear that you have gone to the effort of giving me as much information as you could. I guess you must have read my forum guidelines! :)

U

Unregistered

Thanks

Hey Darg, I really appreciate your help on this one. Thanks a lot.

U

Unregistered

Hey its me again, unfortunately it still not working correctly. The code condition

((Triggering Unit) is a ground unit) Not equal to (Ants NW <gen> contains (Last created unit))

was actually taken from a map called Swords and Armor where the goal is to take your troop and be able to produce spawns of different levels as much as you like. I think that what this is saying is that the 'Not equal to' is so that the spawned monster cannot be the ground unit that spawns another monster.

I tried out the code that you gave me excluding the last condition:

[boolean comparison - unit in region]
(NW Ants NW) contains (last created unit) equal to true

because im not sure that this is what i want.

There are two regions in the same room in my map. The one that the contains the trigger to spawn the ants is called 'NW Ant Spawn' (there are 4 rooms with ants each with a corisponding direction) and the region to contain the spawned ants is called 'NW Ants' (also w/ corrisponding direction).

What I cant figure out is why the heck it works for a few times only. I test play the map and my hero walks over the spawn region and it works fine....like 2 or 3 times then just stops spawning ants. Weird.

Darg

Administrator
Reaction score
well the only thing i can suggest is putting test strings in your code to try and debug it. By 'test strings' I mean put a 'game - display to all player the text 'blah blah' at various critical points in your code. Thus, when playing the map, you can see the test strings and you can understand what's going on.

Failing all that, just send ur map to me :)

General chit-chat
Help Users

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.