Tutorial Creep Defense: Easy Way

zoll3

Reaction score
Tutorial: Creep Defense!

Introduction:
Hi .. this is a easy way to create a small creep defense map . Follow the chapters and you should'nt get problems on the way , feedback is appriciated . This is also a tutorial not for ultimate profesionals .. this is more for the unknowing people in world editor .. Well .. lets get started ^^

Chapters:

Starting
Creating the basic terrain
Making details
Triggering creeps
Triggering the hero spawn
Lose trigger

Chapter 1: Starting.

Ok first of all open your world editor .. In there , you go to "New Map" .. Map size be 64x64 and we'll take the tileset Icecrown Glacier . Initial tile will be Snow . And cliff level = 2 . Good now go to the down left corner , becourse we will make the base there . First we find out how big the base is going to be , and then we some how make some doodads with 2 enthrances ( sry if this is spelled not correctly ) and then put some towers .
Something like this:

1.JPG

Good after done that .. We need a headquater .. a base ! and the model i will take to that is the Arcane Factory from the campaign of humans .
And after you did that .. We will make some farms to more detailed base..

Now go to chapter 2.

Chapter 2: Creating the basic terrain.

Ok now we are going to make the terrain a little more spiny .. First of all
in the base .. so it looks more serious .. We will first make Rough Dirt as a road from the farms to eachother ..... Then we make the terrain at the 2 places the creeps are going to spawn from .. with Dark ice . Like this:

Farms with road
3.JPG

Dark ice path.
4.JPG

Go to chapther 3 now

Chapter 3: Making details.

Ok first we are going to make the creeps spawning base now. go up in left corner and place some winter tress to make a open circle .. like this:

5.JPG

Now we are making the base spawning for the creeps .. Try make it seems like this :
8.JPG

Done that? cool . Now we make 2 shops in our home base .. Where to buy tomes , power up items and so .. ( or what ever you want in ur defense map )

I will take the Goblin Merchant and the Marketplace .. After you did that.. We will go to chapter 4.

Chapter 4: Triggering creeps

Now this is the part that can be hard for some people who just started with the triggering .. anyway i do it easy for you .. i will make the trigger .

Go to the Trigger editor Make a new Catogori and name it "Creeps" Then create a new trigger named "Creep Spawn 1" , now minimize the trigger editor and go to the Region Palette what you will find under the Unit palette. Create a new region just in front of the Evil portal:

7.JPG

Good , now go to the trigger editor again and Creep spawn 1 , And make the trigger like this:

Events
Time - Every 6.00 Seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit - Create 1 Ice Troll for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region_000 <gen>) facing default building degrees
Unit - Order (last created unit) to Attack-Move to (the point u want it to go for)
Unit - Create 1 Ice Troll for Player 12 (Brown) at (Center of Region_000 <gen>) facing default building degrees
Unit - Order (last created unit) to Attack-Move to (the point u want it to go for)
Wait 60.00 Seconds
Trigger - turn off (this trigger)

This trigger will do that when the game starts .. then evry 6 seconds of game time 2 ice trolls will go to attack your base ( if u pointed the go-region there) And after 1 minute they will stop .. then you can keep doing this with different levels and monsters .. Now go to chapter 5 ^^

Chapter 5: Triggering the hero spawn.

Now we will create a new Catogori in the trigger editor .. Name it "Heroes" . and in there create a trigger named "Hero Spawn 1" and in there you make it as this:

Events
Time - Elapsed Game time is 0.00 Seconds
Conditions
Actions

Unit - Create 1 Paladin for Player 1 (Red) at (the point u want the hero to spawn) facing default building degress

Now go to chapter 6.

Chapter 6: Lose Trigger

Here its simple .. just create a new catogori in the trigger editor named "Victory & Lose" and then create a trigger called Defeated . In there you will make this:

Events
Unit - Arcane Factory 0004 <gen> Dies
Conditions
((triggering unit) is a structure) Equal to true
Actions
Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) With the message: You have failed to obtain peace between good and evil.

And then just do this with all the players .. If you want a respawning system too .. then go to the World editor help zone .. i have uploaded a continue and revive system there .. anyway back to the tutorial . Now the whole result for this map should be that when the game starts .. you will be given a hero (paladin) and then the job is to protect the big arcane factory from the evil ice trolls and other creeps that is respawning evry 6.00 seconds of game time :eek:

This is the end of this tutorial .. i really hope somebody out there could use it .. anyway i would like someone to say what the think about this ..

so bye bye xD

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.