"Critical Error" when i tryed to use a high quality loading screen

Nocturne

Reaction score
when it should show the loading screen when the map starts, it give an error and shut down the war3:mad:

i follow this tuto http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36757
for make a high quality loading screen, i do everything like the tuto say but...
one dude is if i have to import the two mdx files: LoadingScreen2.mdx and LoadingScreen.mdx

and if is that which one i have to select?

this is a capture of the files imported:
attachment.php

Attachments

• helpr.jpg
    helpr.jpg
    14.1 KB · Views: 266

Kazuga

Let the game begin...
Reaction score
World editor can't read tga, you will have to convert it to blp. You can find the tool for this in the thread "Useful trools". I think it's called something like "Wc3 Image Extractor II".

Nocturne

Reaction score
Also you don't need to make 4 parts of loadingscreen. Resize your lscreen to 512x512 and change path to FullScreen.blp (yes convert is neccesary)

But is neccesary that i divide the image in 4 parts becouse i want to do a High quality loading screen, not a basic, "low quality" loading screen. And the new MDX requires TGA files.

WE can read TGA, in fact my Minimap image preview is a TGA.:)

this is the link: http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showthread.php?t=36757
the tutorial was made by SFilip

thanks for answering me

GooS

Azrael
Reaction score
Completely correct Nocturne, don't know why they said that it can't.

However, have you checked that you use the right quality? 32bit usually does the trick, I don't know why, but sometimes 24bit mess up.

Nocturne

Reaction score
Completely correct Nocturne, don't know why they said that it can't.

However, have you checked that you use the right quality? 32bit usually does the trick, I don't know why, but sometimes 24bit mess up.

Yes i check that but keeps happen the same... Recently i see a video tutorial made by Ayumilove and she do it with BLP images... I try that too but instead a critical error the screen turns black...

Can someone turn my image into a High Quality Loading Screen please?(i already have divided in 4 parts)

W

WIWO

Sure you got that LoadingScreen2.mdx? Because the file you have in your picture is just the LoadingScreen.mdx, which is for low quality. You can google LoadingScreen2.mdx and download it!

EDIT: Oh didnt see you asked about that, you should have LoadingScreen2.mdx for high quality.

GoGo-Boy

You can change this now in User CP
Reaction score
One question.. so low file sizes for a high quality screen? And then difference of 100kb between certain parts?

Nocturne

Reaction score
One question.. so low file sizes for a high quality screen? And then difference of 100kb between certain parts?

I dont know why have so little size... Another question when i convert to TGA i have to compress or not?

Kenito

I Helps Most Goodly
Reaction score
Make sure you...

1) Converted it to .blp.
2) The TGA was 32 bit before converting, not 24 bit (though if I recall, some conversion programs will offer to add an alpha channel, aka the other 8 bits, if the imported image starts as 24).
3) Keep images as low as you can in my opinion. I think there's a limit, but I forget it. Methinks 143KB may be too much for one segment though.

Also, the "4 segment loading screen" vs "one file loading screen" thing is in dispute. Blizzard used 4 portions when they made custom screens (like in Monolith) if I recall, and I managed to do 4 portions for one of my older maps. My newer ones do a single file just fine. I'd stick with 4 portions though, it's manlier! :p

Nocturne

Reaction score
Make sure you...

1) Converted it to .blp.
2) The TGA was 32 bit before converting, not 24 bit (though if I recall, some conversion programs will offer to add an alpha channel, aka the other 8 bits, if the imported image starts as 24).
3) Keep images as low as you can in my opinion. I think there's a limit, but I forget it. Methinks 143KB may be too much for one segment though.

Also, the "4 segment loading screen" vs "one file loading screen" thing is in dispute. Blizzard used 4 portions when they made custom screens (like in Monolith) if I recall, and I managed to do 4 portions for one of my older maps. My newer ones do a single file just fine. I'd stick with 4 portions though, it's manlier! :p

I've been searching about a software that convert images in 32 bit but i dont found nothing... someone can recomend me a freeware program?

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.