Custom in-game error messages?

d3v1lish

Reaction score
I've been wondering recently if it was possible to use (and display) custom in-game error messages. The error messages I'm talking about are the ones in yellow that say things like "Not enough mana" or "Target already at full health". I can just display a normal message via triggers whenever I want to, but it doesn't achieve quite the same effect.

I have seen it done in some maps, including Dota ("Can't attack Roshan from here"). Do these maps just use complicated workarounds, or am I missing something simple? I know how to edit the text of these messages (via Advanced > Game Interface) but I have no idea how to call them/bring them up.

Attached is the kind of message I'm talking about. Any help would be appreciated ^^,

Attachments

• Targetbuildings.png
    Targetbuildings.png
    657.3 KB · Views: 209

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score

Defi4nc3

Developer of DORPG
Reaction score
As it may confuse you if you don't know how to use JASS. Basically it enables you to place the text wherever you want giving you the option to place your text where the error messages would appear...

Though you will have to be able to create the conditions under which it will display the error...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.