Reaction score
First take a look at the battle.net ladder
Do you notice anything wrong?
No?
How can your own map use the ladder?
You can't?

Custom Game Ladder for Warcraft 3

Description
wc3custom.net is a ladder for warcraft 3 custom maps. Maps powered with the wc3custom map script can have game scores submitted to the ladder with the help of the ladder tool. The ladder itself functions like the well known battle.net ladder with the difference that it's available for custom maps.

I'm a mapmaker, how do I use it?
Register at wc3custom.net and add your map.

Download, import and config the map script to your map, instructions are located in the map.
With this done you have to feed the script with the scores and team data with the following functions, I suggest that you do this at the end of the map.

JASS:
function Ladder_SetPlayerScore takes integer id, integer score returns nothing

Description:
Sets the score (integer score) for the player with the id (integer id).
Example:
JASS:
call Ladder_SetPlayerScore(0, 55)
call Ladder_SetPlayerScore(1, -2)

Player 2 (Blue) had a crushing defeat against Player 1 (Red).

JASS:
function Ladder_SetPlayerTeam takes integer id, integer team returns nothing

Description:
Sets the team (integer team) which the player with id (integer id) belongs to, any team between 1 and 255 is possible but I suggest values from 0 to 11.
The default setting is ffa with all players in different teams.
Example:
JASS:
call Ladder_SetPlayerTeam(0, 0)
call Ladder_SetPlayerTeam(1, 0)
call Ladder_SetPlayerTeam(2, 1)
call Ladder_SetPlayerTeam(3, 1)

This is a 2v2 game with Player 1 and Player 2 in the same team battling against Player 3 and Player 4.

If you want to change the players that will have there score submitted, for example you may want to remove early leavers from the submitted players, you have two functions available:
JASS:
function Ladder_RemovePlayer takes player p returns nothing
function Ladder_AddPlayer takes player p returns nothing

Ladder_AddPlayer resets the score, team and name of the player.

When the map is done you have to tell the script to save the score
JASS:
function Ladder_Save takes nothing returns nothing

Description:
Saves the ladder score to a game cache so it can be read from a save game. Don't worry, this works in multi player. This function uses TriggerSleepAction and can't be used in a timer callback or a ForGroup/ForForce callback. It takes a few seconds to finish.
Example:
JASS:
call Ladder_Save()

When the Ladder_Save function has completed you have to tell your players to Save the game, if one or more of the players have the ladder tool running the score will now be submitted to the ladder at www.wc3custom.net/map/name-of-your-map.

I'm a player, how do I use it?
You need to download and unpack the ladder tool. Start it and check Program/Wait for save game. Enter a warcraft 3 custom game that uses the ladder script. When the game ends and tells you to save the game then save the game, the name of the save game does not matter.
Notice that you need the .net framework for the ladder tool to run.
Your ladder data is available at www.wc3custom.net/player/your-bnet-name after your first game.

Honourable mentions
Pitzer Mike - Planted the idea seed long time ago.
BlacKDicK - Wc3 file unpacker.
Everybody behind http://www.wc3campaigns.net/tools/specs/index.html, without them the custom ladder would probably not exist.

And here is the quote that explains it better than I can do:
Seth Cross said:
I might be wrong, but it seems pretty simple...

What do Ladders do? Provide ranking for melee games.

What does this do? Create Ladders for non-melee games.

Thus, what is it doing? Giving non-melee games a ranking system. And it seems that the ranking system can be customized, according to what the map-creator wants (which would work for different types of maps... Racing, for example, can rank by time instead of just "who won the race")

Rex can nit-pick anything I said wrong ^.^ But that seems to be the gist of it.

Questions? Suggestions? Want help to use it? Spelling mistake(s)? Post here.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
hey phyrex1an i have the error when i start the LADDER TOOL "Warcraft save directory doesn't exist"

but i have installed WARCRAFT 3 (frozen throne +patch1.21)
and C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\save exists!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

can you help me plz?

phyrex1an

Staff Member and irregular helper
Reaction score
That error can be displayed for two different reasons:
1. <warcraft 3 directory>/save/Multiplayer does not exist
2. You have moved your warcraft 3 folder after installation

In case of 2 a new installation is the only way to fix it unless you know how to edit the registry. If save/Multiplayer doesn't exist then please report here and I will implement an auto creation of that directory so others wont have that problem, creating the folder yourself will solve it.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
nice i just made a new folder "Multiplayer" in C:\Program Files\Warcraft III\save and all ok... thx

man save/Multiplayer doesn't exist by default! plz fix it

Magentix

if (OP.statement == false) postCount++;
Reaction score
Can you upload the same "save game" multiple times?
This could lead to boosting scores in an abusive way.

Can the mapmaker decide for multiple values to be saved?
For instance the amount of kills and the amount of deaths.

What maps do you suggest this for, and what if someone who isn't registered to the website joins a game?

There are many open questions that I can come up with atm, the project seems very nice, but I'm not downloading it untill I see a really good reason why I'd want this into my maps.

(Ergo: sell your project to the public :) make them -want- to have it running when playing WC3)

phyrex1an

Reaction score
Can you upload the same "save game" multiple times?
This could lead to boosting scores in an abusive way.)
It's not possible to upload the same game more than once, a side effect of this is that it doesn't matter if more than one player has the ladder tool running.

Can the mapmaker decide for multiple values to be saved?
For instance the amount of kills and the amount of deaths.
It is not possible to save two values at once you can base the score on those two values however. Eg, score = kills * 2 - deaths.
The battle.net ladder functions the same way.

What maps do you suggest this for, and what if someone who isn't registered to the website joins a game?
It is suitable for every type of map where player compete against each other, technically you could use this in a corporative map to but I don't see a reason for that. Membership is not required for players as CEMEHbl4 already pointed out.

There are many open questions that I can come up with atm, the project seems very nice, but I'm not downloading it untill I see a really good reason why I'd want this into my maps.
Questions are meant to be asked :) As for reason to have it in your map I guess only you can find one, I don't know your map and I don't know if this is suitable for it. You can test the ladder in your map without registering but the scores will be submitted under the demo map.

Evan1993

Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Does everyone in the game need the program for it to work? I doesn't sound like it, but I can see were it says it for sure.

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
phyrex1an
listen man,i just have open my huge map in NEW GEN WORLD EDITOR,and then i save it EDITOR has CRASH (after creating map archive) with error "program will be closed"

so i cant use your pretty nice system for my map!

if i just add Ladder System Trigger in my map(and save it),will be i able to open the map in normal WE? will it work?

can you do similar System (demo map) but for normal WE ?

or just help me,because i really like your system

phyrex1an
hey you are talking about what need the Jass NewGen Pack v3d,but i cant download the latest one 0.8.8.8 from wc3campaigns.net,because i am from Russia or i dont know why,i log in but i cant(always redirect me),so can you upload THE LATEST - Jass NewGen Pack v3d that requires to rapidshare.com and give me the link,because not all here from USA and maybe someone else cant download it,and maybe newest version helps me...

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
phyrex1an
you can give the download link at first personally for me in private message,couse right now i am wasting time,my map is already finished,but i cant integrate your system in it,what should i do? to look at an empty monitor?!

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
You can use a proxy.
http://www.surfatschool.us allows huge file downloads, if that doesn't work you can find a better one at http://proxy.org/.

If that doesn't work I'll ask if it is ok if I upload newgen to this thread.

ok finally i download it using http://www.surfatschool.us -cool thing
thx for help and for link

lets test your system in a real battle...

i have problem
I have started Ladder-1.0.1 map
ladder tool 1.0.4
(wait for save game)

but no savegames in Multiplayer folder,and no scores on this http://www.wc3custom.net/map/demo-map/ladder/1/singleplayer

i have framework2.0 .net

whats wrong?

CEMEHbl4

Reaction score
ok...
then one more question it works with non-official b.net servers?
where to change string on my custom b.net server?

phyrex1an

Reaction score
ok...
then one more question it works with non-official b.net servers?
where to change string on my custom b.net server?
I've no idea if it works on non official servers, my guess is that it does work but if it doesn't then that is something that wont get "fixed". Non-official servers is not supported by the Custom Ladder nor by thehelper.net so please don't ask any questions about them here.

Sooda

Diversity enchants
Reaction score
> Non-official servers is not supported by the Custom Ladder nor by thehelper.net so please don't ask any questions about them here.

I assume they will not work because it isn' t hard to check what is your current server address (if it isn' t one of Blizzard official ones, bye, bye.).
Didn' t they found better way to trigger "save stats", I find save game very slow and time consuming (Big maps will take more time to "submit" scores because when you hit save it will save everything ?).
When we skip that little but big issue that system or application is awsome. Isn' t there way to "inject" that program into Warcraft so it would start automatically ? Or chat command what would turn program on or off from in-game like these "ping" tools do ?
This system is awsome but always people like me wants it become better and better... sad isn' t it ? Nice work though, really !

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.