Czech motorcyclist learns english after crash

Knocksious

Sweet, I got 2 little green bars!
Reaction score
In a miracle of modern science, a Czech motorcyclist recovers from an accident where his helmet is split open, only to speak perfect English with no trace of an accent!

A Czech motorcycle racer who was involved in a smash that saw another biker ride over his head came round and started speaking perfect English.

Speedway rider Matej Kus had only mastered a few basic phrases of the language at the time he was knocked off his bike during a race in the UK.

KO'd speedway star ended up OKHe had been competing for Berwick Bandits in an away match against the Glasgow Tigers - and had only flown into the country the day before.

After the smash he was unconscious for 45 minutes, then came round and amazed his team-mates by asking questions in perfect English - with no trace of an accent.

original article here

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Fiddy-fo bucks says it's fake.

If it isn't fake, the super-hardcore atheists need to stop hating, cuz there's obviously SOME super-powerful being out there with a crazy twisted sense of humour.

undeadorcjerk

The Ulitimate TheHelper.net Lurker
Reaction score
read the rest of it. he obviously kept his sence of humor.

Knocksious

Reaction score
yea, I thought it was fake when I read the "oh I forgot English" but the news site seems pretty reliable, and why would there be a need to fake that?

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
Hehe, pretty cool I guess...
The reason I don't think this is fake, is because why would anyone fake something as little as speaking english without accent? After they almost killed themselves...

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
Hehe, pretty cool I guess...
The reason I don't think this is fake, is because why would anyone fake something as little as speaking english without accent? After they almost killed themselves...
For the same reason that 4chan exists.

edit: Not to mention, if you say speaking with 'no accent' on an internationally distributed article, there's something wrong with that. For a local area, 'no accent' means the local accent. Internationally, 'no accent' means...wtf? If it was the Czech cyclists that heard him talking, and they took note of a different accent than his natural Czech, they would have related it to a country, not called it 'no accent'. If you heard a guy who had whatever accent for your area was normal, and he started speaking russian in a russian accent, would you say it was 'no accent' or a 'russian accent'?

Knocksious

Reaction score
speaking English without a Czech accent, because, normally, you have an accent that reflects your native tongue. What this article suggests is that there is significant latent imitation ability that we don't really have control over.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.