Damage Display Frustration

Pigger

Reaction score
I've been working on this for a while now, and I'm getting really frustrated. The spell is supposed to absorb an attack and then deal it back in bonus damage. Here is what I have:

Code:
RiulleTakesDamage
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                ((Custom value of DarkRanger) Equal to 0) and ((DarkRanger has buff Black Gift) Equal to True)
            Then - Actions
                Set RealVarMisc[100] = (Damage taken)
                Unit - Set life of DarkRanger to (RealVarMisc[100] + (Life of DarkRanger))
                Unit - Set the custom value of DarkRanger to 1
                Unit - Remove Black Gift buff from DarkRanger
            Else - Actions

The event is DarkRanger takes damage, added in through another trigger which is meaningless to my problem.

Code:
UnitIsAttacked
    Events
        Unit - A unit Is attacked
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                ((Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Mistress of Shadows) and ((Custom value of (Attacking unit)) Equal to 1)
            Then - Actions
                Wait 0.50 seconds
                Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing (((Real((Level of Black Gift  for DarkRanger))) / 2.00) x RealVarMisc[100]) damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Normal
                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads (String((((Level of Black Gift  for DarkRanger) x (Integer(0.50))) x (Integer(RealVarMisc[100]))))) above (Attacking unit) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 78.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 2.00 seconds
                Unit - Set the custom value of DarkRanger to 0
                Set RealVarMisc[100] = 0.00
            Else - Actions

The Floating Text will appear, but the problem lies in what it appears as, which is 0...

TheCrystal

Reaction score
(String((((Level of Black Gift for DarkRanger) x (Integer(0.50))) x (Integer(RealVarMisc[100])))))
Integer .50?
It should be a Real.

Pigger

Reaction score
I'm just using it to make sure the unit was attacked and the buff removed. So when it's attacked it has a counter on it. Otherwise I'd have to use another Variable for it.

I don't really know what custom value means....

Pigger

Reaction score
Damage Taken Problem

I'll get straight to it:
Code:
RiulleTakesDamage
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
            If - Conditions
                ((Custom value of DarkRanger) Equal to 0) and ((DarkRanger has buff Black Gift) Equal to True)
            Then - Actions
                Set RealVarMisc[100] = (Damage taken)
                Unit - Set life of DarkRanger to ((Life of DarkRanger) + RealVarMisc[100])
                Unit - Set the custom value of DarkRanger to 1
                Unit - Remove Black Gift buff from DarkRanger
            Else - Actions

The event is added, specific unit takes damage.

Now, the hero that has the buff (Black Gift) has 725 total HP, I have a 700 damage storm bolt cast on it to test, with spell reduction it ends up putting her health down to 200ish on the first cast. Whenever it is cast again her health is set back to 200ish. I'm probably overseeing something simple but I'm damn tired. Thanks.

EDIT: Sorry for making the new topic and wasting some mod's time :(
EDIT(2): I've also tested that the storm bolt does 525 damage, which sets the hero's health to exactly 200 if she were at full health. If her health is below the 200 mark and she has the buff and the trigger fires, everything is fine and dandy. I'm going to test if it works when she's below 200 and she has not been hit yet by the storm bolt but has the buff on (Sorry if that's confusing). I am pretty sure there is something to do with the first cast and everything, but I am unsure as to what to do.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.