Other DBZ: The Story of Trunks (Beta V. 3.5)

Oronuke

Reaction score
General Premise
Based off of the popular DBZ The Story of Trunks movie, I decided to create a game based in this alternate future trying to mix up the genre of games. A lot of influence was drawn from DBZ Cell Rampage but at the same time I promise originality.

Characters
Gohan: Clearly not super original, but he is a necessity to the story. He starts with his super saiyan transformation and at level 20 masters it.
Teen Trunks: Again, you've played as him before, but the game is obviously based off of him. He does take a turn in a different direction with transformations though. He unlocks his potential at level 5, achieves super saiyan at level 15, and if Gohan dies by the hands of the androids then he unlocks furious super saiyan, which is basically an ss transformation empowered by a greater supply of anger.
Master Roshi: In the movie Master Roshi is seen hiding away as a coward. Puar reccomends he should fight and stand up, but he doesn't. I figured heck, why not? Sure he isn't the strongest, but if he trained to master that full power form of his, he could do something, ay?
Dende: This probally seems like a huge stretch. Don't worry though, he is by far the weakest character. He can unlock his potential, and then recieve training from master roshi, but even then he isn't almighty. The trade off is that he gets to unlock Android 16.
Android's 17/18: I put them together because there honestly isn't much of a difference between the two as of yet. They don't gain passive bonuses or transformations, they are just really strong and they gain more stats than others when they level.

Moves
1. Basic Energy Blast: Kamehameha, Masenko Ha(stuns), Renzouku Energy Dan(aoe, stuns).
2. Basic fighting skills, many different styles but they all equate to chance to crit and evade.
3. Special Moves: Explosion Wave(stuns), Energy Shield(absorbs damage), Rocket Punch(stuns).
4. Ults: Burning Attack(aoe), Super Kamehameha(stronger version), Hell Flash (aoe).

Terrain
Extremely basic right now. Areas are set, and key differences are noted, but overall I'm still spicing it up.

Quest..?
I threw in one of those really general "villains have escaped from HFIL thing", so you can fight a few villains up until the Broly stage.

Progress
As for a first version that I would want people to play, I'm just about ready to release it. I'm not promising ground breaking techniques, stunning visuals, or intense story telling. This is my first map that I'm releasing and its just something I consider that is new to people that find themselves playing a lot of the old dbz maps.

As for testing I'd love to begin soon, so if anyone is interested please do reply. There will obviously be balancing and bug issues to come, but this is why I'm briging the game here, for help =)

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
1 word, I hate Dragonball Z.... and Warcraft models for those suck..... they attack so weird and uglyish.....

Another thing is, I kinda dislike when you got like 10 skills to play with and you don't know which one to get and because theres so many!!

Good lucky anyways.

DBZ-123

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
so what kind of type of map is this?

>I hate Dragonball Z
how much of it have you even watched?

Oronuke

Reaction score
Each character has from 3-5 moves to pick, really nothing too ground breaking or mind shattering. I'm not using DBZ models because I don't see a point for them. Lastly, while I appreciate you wishing me good luck, saying you hate Dragonball Z really doesn't contribute much other than your opinion when it was otherwise not needed. No disrespect meant, I hold nothing against it, I just don't want a flood of anti-dbz statements made in here with no comments pertaining to the actual map.

BlackRose

Forum User
Reaction score
Ok... then...
1. ... your post layout... its hard to see when a new character is stated...

Gohan: Clearly not super original, but he is a necessity to the story. He starts with his super saiyan transformation and at level 20 masters it.
Teen Trunks: Again, you've played as him before, but the game is obviously based off of him. He does take a turn in a different direction with transformations though. He unlocks his potential at level 5, achieves super saiyan at level 15, and if Gohan dies by the hands of the androids then he unlocks furious super saiyan, which is basically an ss transformation empowered by a greater supply of anger.
Master Roshi: In the movie Master Roshi is seen hiding away as a coward. Puar reccomends he should fight and stand up, but he doesn't. I figured heck, why not? Sure he isn't the strongest, but if he trained to master that full power form of his, he could do something, ay?

Something like that please?

2. What type of map is it? [Other] = ???

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.