Delay while hosting (please help fast)

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Hello! I'm about to play some DotA with a couple of friends, and we got a big delay (about 2 secs), so I wonder is there any progrem that can help me reduce this delay? I tried a couple of delay reducers, but none seem to work anymore. +rep to helpers!=)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
try using garena, i dont lag at all using it and anyone can host, so if someone has a stronger computer but cant host on b.net, they can do the hosting on garena

Leazy

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
My friends are really bad with computers, so making everyone get Garena would take a lot of time, is there no program for regular wc3? :)

GFreak45

I didnt slap you, i high 5'd your face.
Reaction score
the delay is directly dependant on the host's banwidth and computer strength
have whoever has the best computer and banwidth host it
if you are still getting delay it could be lag from leaks but i dont believe dota leaks if you are playing the real dota

merlinds

Reaction score
The problem i guess is that your friends have a diferent Internet providers.
For example, here in argentina we have "Arnet" "Fibertel" and "Speedy".
Speedy has no problems with anybody, but you can never play a game hosted by some one who has Fibertel if you have arnet and vise versa.
IF this is the problem it will not be solved with garena.
Do you have the same problem with public games? have your tryied to host the game in another computer (for example one of your friends.)
The lag does affect all the players? or some of them?
Besides, the bandiwith is not really important, since with more thant 1mb you can perfectlly host a DotA, the important thing in this is the Ping, you can all do some speed test on your computers and see your pings.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.