Demonata

punwisp

Reaction score
Well? Who has read this series made by Darren shan, Author of the Cirque du freak series?

I quite like this series, lot better than his previous. This series is far more darker, and actually quite gory at times. I have read 1, 3-7. I am about to read 8, and I will buy the second soon. Its a great series

It mainly surrounds a Demon Master called Lord Loss, who feeds on grief and misery, who also happens to love chess (Of all things?!) Who in the first book encounters Grubitish (I spell it right) A.k.a Grubbs Grady, who walks in on his mother, father, and sister being gruesomely slaughtered. Who then has to suffer for the rest of his life....Fighting Demons, with... Guess what? MAGIC! magic which comes from the Demonata, another universe, this is what humans would call "Hell". Which is a magically and demonic universe with many realities and realms, which hold untold amounts of demons and demon masters. They all try to break into our world, so they can kill us.

Anyway, how do you guys like them?

I love the books, but hate how short they are, least the series anyway. 400 pages I would love, then least it would take me longer to read, and I wouldn't read the entire series in a week.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
I saw them but never read them.
I like how Darren Shan is dark but at the same time has humor and like. He talks like a normal person. That's good.

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

punwisp

Reaction score
Suprisingly, Demonata and the saga of Darren shan have quite a bit of similarities

Darren thinks killing is wrong, then its no biggy

Grubbs thinks killing is wrong, then its no biggy

Darren is half vampire, who can become a full blood vampire

Grubbs is half werewolf, who can later on transform into a full one (He also uses magic to literally become both).

Darren was destined to become the lord of shadows and destroy (Not literally, because he rules it)

Grubbs was destined (Juni seeing in the future) to destroy the world without care The main baddie in the end is also called "The Shadow" which is death.

Dervish is basically the Mr. Crespley

In the saga of darren shan, you cannot change the past, if someone is taken out of the loop, a new hero will emerge.

Demonata, the universe always creates heroes to fight the evil

Steve betrays Darren
Juni Betrays Grubbs/Dervish Both were heart breaking

Darren fights the Vampanese and there lord (Steve)

Grubbs fights the Demonata and there lord (The Shadow)

Darren Travels into the past to prevent him becoming a vampire (And to o on that path)

Grubbs and the Kah-Gash go back in time, to prevent the crossing of the Demonata Army.

There are many other similarities. Good thing about Demonata series is, you normally think the main characters won't die, or least easy, including the side characters, until you read there eyes gets ripped out or there legs. its unpredictable.

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Nice job spoiling a lot of it. You might wanna take that off or put it in spoilers :p

~Hai-Bye-Vine~

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.