WIP Destiny Son's

duderock101

Check out my 2 Player Co-op RPG!
Reaction score
This is my next big project, and i mean big. I made this thread for support, comments and ideas to keep me going. So here it is -

Destiny Son

Introduction

In the lands of Farlen trouble is brewing, a war is waging against the people living in Farlen.
At the same time a plague is spreading around the lands causing people to turn mad. You a citizen must
choose how you help the kingdom, how you choose is what you become. You might become a King or perhaps a thief.
Or maybe you are a mad person, bent on destruction. You always can change who you are, you might one day be a normal person
and the next a champion who has slewn a dragon. The choices you make ultimatly decide who you will be. The game ends ethier when you
have completed a characters main target, EG if you are the king you must defeat the invaders or if you are a mad person you must destory the kingdom or
you can also lose if you die. Of course this game is like Role Play so if you die, you don't revive and you have to start again.
The person you become decides on the person you are in real life. If you are a person who is afraid of dying then perhaps a thief is your class. At
the start you are a normal person, nobody knows you in the town.

Fighting Class *New!*

Scared of getting picked off at the front line, now a Fighting Class will be added. The 3 Fighting Classes are:

Warrior - You start off as a Warrior, you can upgrade you fighting skills at one of the barracks in the two main cities. This will cost gold, and time... You learn fighting skills that inprove your melee damage and give you abilities to stun fleeing creeps.

Mage - You may either pay for training at the Holy Area in the main city in Norden or you may seek the Fallen Priests and become a mage there. If costs a lot at the Holy Area but it is the only Legal Way to learn Magic, if you learn it via the Fallen Priests then the Holy Priests will be your enemies for ever. The Fallen priests teach it for free. Mages will learn, Fire, Ice and Thunder spells. Each doing a varied amount of damage but also have a equal effect with them.

Archer - You fire from afar, an archer has a more easier time taking down things that fly. You learn Archery at the Barracks and you learn abilities to drag things to the floor. You also gain a powerful Bow and Arrow if you complete your training that will allow you to hit air targets with Fire Arrows. Your abilties will allow you to take down single targets quickly.

--- MORE CAN/MIGHT BE ADDED WITH SUGGESTIONS IN THE COMMENTS ---

Classes

Normal Pesant - Your life objective is to buy the Grand Mansion and live there. You are not a fighter but if you wanted to become
a solider then perhaps you could get hired by the local guard and work your way up?

Local Guard - You protect the streets from crooks. You are the lowest rank guard so you may quit and become a normal pesant. You share the same role as
a normal pesant and get paid for every crook you bring to justice. You can never become a thief or a master thief.

Town Guard - The highest rank in the guards. You are paid extra for crooks you capture and you share the same goal as the pesant. You get free equipment and
are given missions to complete outside of town some times. You can become the town guard by capturing enough crooks in the local guard. You can never become a thief or a master thief.

Hero - After completing enough mission you have been given a massive task of defeating great beasts. Your goal now is to destroy the High Mystic Dragon, not an easy feat. You must
practice a lot and get enough money from killing other beasts to pick up great items. You cannot go back to being in the Guards, once a Hero you cannot go back unless you start attacking the town.

Thief - If you steal from enough people you will be classes as a thief, you are banned for life to going into the Town Guard and your reputation has stopped you becoming king unless you redeme your self.
And that in its self is incredibly hard. Your goal is to steal the the crown from the kings chambers. You must make a lot of... good friends before you can complete this.

Master Thief - You own the Thieves guild. You get a lot of cash from people and you can now NEVER become a Hero, King, Guard or any thing that is shown to be good in the eyes of the kingdom.
You become the master thief by stealing enough items from people. Your goal is the same as the thiefs.

Farmer - You harvest the fields and earn gold for your veggies your same goal is of the pesant.

King - You can become the king by becoming a Hero and completing the heros main goal and then you can decide whether you want to complete the game or become King. Becoming King is rewarding as you get
a lot of gold, but hard as you are under constent attack from invaders and the plague is spreading through your land. Defeat the invaders to complee the kings story.

Mad Man - Infected with the plague, you must infect all. This is the hardest to complete as you must infect the king. Who ever you infect you control, you infect people by killing them. By becoming a mad man
you lose the chance of ever becoming anything else other than a Zombie King.You also lose your Inventory.#

Zombie King - After infecting enough people you now become a Zombie King, you can create Zombie Pits to create zombies, you now don't have to infect people. If you want to upgrade your zombies you can train you must
accquire resources by killing people or stealing it as gold.

Priest - You claim your self to the Old Gods. You are granted healing powers but being held to the Gods you can never steal or murder an innocent. If you do the Gods will send Angels to kill you. Your goal is the same as a pesant.

Fallen Priest - You have failed the Old Gods and now you are hated by them. You control darkness and you can never go back. Your goal is to destroy the Head Priest.

Head Priest - You are the leader of the priests. You now have the ability to use light to destroy darkness and have excellent healing abilities. You can also train strong monks to fight for you. Your goal is to destory the head of the fallen priests.

Head Fallen Priest - Counter part to the Head Priest. You have dark powers to summon hell creatures and also to heal them and damage creatures of the light. You goal is to destroy the Head Priest.

Invader - You have lost your alliance with the entire island, even the fallen priests don't want you but you have gained access to the Invaders island that contains shops selling powerful rare items, some even more powerful then the powerful Hero items. You win by destroying the following, Head Fallen Priest, Head Priest, Leader of Thieves Guild, the King and the Master Hero. A long task but you have powerful weapons at your disposal. You may never turn back ocne you join these invaders, and all will hate you. To become an Invader you must earn their trust by killing 50 villagers. Once completed you shall automatically join them. Welcome, to the dark side...

Invader Lord - You lead the invaders, to be promoted to the top rank you must have killed 2 out of the 5 targets you must kill as an invader, the remaining 3 targets you have to kill to complete the game. As the leader you can train troops to destroy the main cities. You also have access to 3 Powerful weapons handed down from Lords to Lords. The items are handy for Warriors, Archers and Mages.

---More may be added, need ideas---

-------
Extra
-------

If you become certain people, like the king then the original King will be removed from the game and you will take his place. IF you become the King or other things like that then you can never turn back as you wont be accepted into anything else.
Your choice of people is depened on how you play the game, do you help others be reap little benifits in the beggining and end up king or do you help your self and be hated by most but be very powerful?

The game is Roleplay as you can see, the landscape will be massive as it will only be Singleplayer im afraid.

There are many reigons to explore (see below)

Lands to Explore

Nordun - One of the two big cities, well protected, contains the chair of the High Priest and there are rumors as well that this is were the head of the thieves guild lives as well. Surronding this area is a vast forest, full of untamed creatures. Follow the road south and you will enter hack dirt, a quite town that has an economic balance from travellers nearby.

Skycrim - The bordering area between Nordun and the rest of Faren, it is here were extreme hunters hunt and Hero's seek their next massive catch. Dragons live in this wild area and there is no civilisation for miles around. The great Hero lives in these hills.

Forlum - After leaving the mountainous Skycrim you come onto the flat plains of Forlum. Forlum is next to the Great Sea, where the invaders come from. Here you will find small towns dotted around the area. This is a great Alchemy area as herbs dot the country side. The plague also started in this area but is contained unless some one lets it break out...

Leran - Hills and Desert, this is were the second big city lies, protected by the Sand dunes and full of secret creatures. Can you brave the deserts heat and take a shortcut - an unprotect one of those - to the first city? Be warned, the Karqauit lie in this area and they are extremly dangerous. Only the main city is the civilisation here and this is also where the Fallen Priests reside.

---------

Suggestions are needed

Completed
------------

Triggers - 5%
Terrain - 100%
Custom Items/Units/Abilities etc - 5%
Extra - 15%

I will be finishing the Terrain before starting anything else.

If you would like to help with this project then PM me and i will see how good you are. :thup:

Version History
*Unreleased Version*
V0.1
Finished Terrain
Created Guards
Created Fallen Priests HQ
Added all the monsters to Skycrim - Big danger if you want to cross this area
Set up a possible route so you as there is no safe pass through Skycrim that you pay X amount of gold for a route through Caverns. Maybe a cinmematic as well.
V0.2
Added extras to terrain.
Completed Patrol Triggers for guards in Nordun
Updated TH.net post
Will now add Fighting Class - I am still really gaining ideas first, i am creating once i have enough input
Warrior Idea added
Mage Idea Added
Archer Idea Added

duderock101

Reaction score
B-U-M-P please comment on how you think it sounds and any suggestions plz

skyblader

You're living only because it's illegal killing.
Reaction score
Pretty big project... I think I can only help with triggers... I think, and a little terraining? [email protected] when you need me. Well, I'll try to make time.

wc3shady

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Oh this is epic!!!!

I have ideas

Classes
Ok you should be able to pick between three differant specializations, melee, magic, and ranged like you said.

Then in melee there could be 6 subclasses, 2 evil, 2 neutral, and 2 good
and same for the magic and ranged. Also, when each subclass reaches the final level, it becomes a Hero Class, (Thief - Master Thief), in which they own land and lead and stuff like that.

Melee -
Evil: Thief (Hero Class: Master Thief, Owner of the Thievery Guild), Black Knight (Hero Class: Black King, leader of darkness)
Neutral: Mercenary (Hero Class: Legendary Mercenary, can earn Legendary Bounties), Peasant (Hero Class: Noble, owns land and servants)
Good: Guard (Hero Class: Guard Captain, leads the Guard), Vanguard (Hero Class: Crusader, leads the armies of good in fighting the plague)

Magic -
Evil: Fallen Priest (Hero Class: Fallen Archpriest, leader of the Fallen Church), Mad Doctor (Hero Class: King of Madness, leads zombie hordes)
Neutral: Wanderer (???), Seer (Hero Class: Oracle, can speak to spirits and reveal locations of the map)
Good: Holy Priest (Hero Class: Holy Archpriest, leader of the Holy Church), Sorcerer (Hero Class: Wizard, ???)

Ranged -
Evil: Shadow Ranger (Hero Class: Phantom Ranger, can travel to the shadow realm), Banshee (Hero Class: Pain Mistress, leads an underground city of banshees)
Neutral: Bounty Hunter (Hero Class: Legendary Hunter, can obtain special bounties), Vigilante (Hero Class: Regulator, leads a group of vigilantes)
Good: Longshot (Hero Class: Marksman, can ???), Slayer (Hero Class: Dragon Slayer, leads the Slayer Guild)

of course you would be able to start as a simple warrior/archer/mage, but by say, a fifth the way through the game, you will declare your new class.

Renendaru

(Evol)ution is nothing without love.
Reaction score
I can help with jass scripting, and miscellanious stuff, just Pm me if you need help.

duderock101

Reaction score
I am now going to continue this idea, after leaving War III for about half a year i've decided to start again. I am looking for help so if you'd like to help then please PM me.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.