"Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Entire map) and do (Actions)" issue.

McLovin

Reaction score
Hi!

When using this in a trigger:

"Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Entire map) and do (Actions)"

then all the actions only apply to destructibles within the Playable Map Area and all the ones outside of it are still the same, even though I use "Entire Map" in the trigger. Is this some kind of bug or did I do something wrong?

Code:
Weather snow
    Events
        Time - Weather_timer expires
    Conditions
    Actions
        Trigger - Run Weather terrain 3 <gen> (checking conditions)
        Game - Display to (All players) the text: blablabla
        Environment - Remove Weather
        Environment - Create at (Entire map) the weather effect Northrend Snow (Heavy)
        Environment - Turn (Last created weather effect) On
        Set Weather = (Last created weather effect)
        Countdown Timer - Start Weather_timer2 as a One-shot timer that will expire in 45.00 seconds
        Set Terrain_integer = 0
        Trigger - Run Weather terrain 2 <gen> (checking conditions)
        Destructible - Pick every destructible in (Entire map) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
                    If - Conditions
                        (Destructible-type of (Picked destructible)) Equal to Fall Tree Wall
                    Then - Actions
                        Set tree_position = (Position of (Picked destructible))
                        Destructible - Kill (Picked destructible)
                        Destructible - Create a Snowy Tree Wall at tree_position facing (Random angle) with scale 1.00 and variation 0
                    Else - Actions

As mentioned before, it works perfectly fine with everything within the Playable Map Area but not with the rest. Any suggestions?

Regards,

McLovin

the_ideal

user title
Reaction score
I think your problem is that the player in-game has no line of sight to the trees, and therefore only sees what he/she saw before the trigger was activated. (like if you see a building, then leave the area so that fog of war covers it, then the building dies, you'll still see the building there.)

I can't think of any fixes for this however. You could try revealing the entire map for a fraction of a second, then hiding it again. I'm not sure if that'd solve your problem, though.

Good luck.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.