Detecting Critical Strike

Mapster

Reaction score
Ok i want a simple yes/no.
Is there a way to detect Critical strike without having to make a trigger for it, i have found a trigger/tutorial but the trigger is huge so i might as well ask before i make it.

Cheers once again,
Mapster

Mapster

Reaction score
Mmk i've made the trigger for Critical Strike and it partly works.
When the game starts it works when i upgrade it, but after a while it stops working.

I'm using a trigger thats made by Ghan_04 posted here.

Code:
Critical Strike Ability
    Events
    Conditions
    Actions
        If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            If - Conditions
                (Owner of (Damage source)) Not equal to Player 12 (Brown)
                (Damage taken) Greater than 20.00
            Then - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of Critical Strike Attack  for (Damage source)) Equal to 1
                    Then - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 20
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((Damage taken) x 2.00) damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Normal
                                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Doubled! above (Damage source) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                                Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                                Floating Text - Change (Last created floating text): Disable permanence
                                Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
                                Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
                            Else - Actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of Critical Strike Attack  for (Damage source)) Equal to 2
                    Then - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 25
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((Damage taken) x 3.00) damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Normal
                                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads Tripled!! above (Damage source) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                                Floating Text - Set the velocity of (Last created floating text) to 64.00 towards 90.00 degrees
                                Floating Text - Change the lifespan of (Last created floating text) to 1.50 seconds
                                Floating Text - Change the fading age of (Last created floating text) to 1.00 seconds
                            Else - Actions
                    Else - Actions
                    If - Conditions
                        (Level of Critical Strike Attack  for (Damage source)) Equal to 3
                    Then - Actions
                            If - Conditions
                                (Random integer number between 1 and 100) Less than or equal to 30
                            Then - Actions
                                Unit - Cause (Damage source) to damage (Triggering unit), dealing ((Damage taken) x 4.00) damage of attack type Pierce and damage type Normal
                                Floating Text - Create floating text that reads QUADRUPLED! above (Damage source) with Z offset 0.00, using font size 10.00, color (100.00%, 0.00%, 0.00%), and 0.00% transparency
                            Else - Actions
                    Else - Actions
            Else - Actions

I'm using 1 more trigger which adds to the event of the trigger above

Code:
Initialization
    Events
        Map initialization
    Conditions
    Actions
        Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area)) and do (Actions)
            Loop - Actions
                Trigger - Add to Critical Strike <gen> the event (Unit - (Picked unit) Takes damage)

Is there a different trigger that i should be using for the event because the topic that i was reading didn't really say much in GUI.

Ghan

Administrator - Servers are fun
Staff member
Reaction score
> but after a while it stops working.

Naturally. You only add the units to the trigger at Map Initilization. You need to do it whenever any unit enters the Playable Map Area.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
huh?

In your trigger, the Double does 3x, the Triple does 4x, and the Quadruple does 5x damage. (Damage taken already done, if you do again Damage taken it does 2x, if you multiply damage taken by 2, it does 3x, Damage taken x3 = 4x, Damage taken x5 = 5x)

http://www.thehelper.net/forums/showpost.php?p=488726&postcount=19
btw Ghan_04's trigger to Triple / Quadruple... damage instead of Double / Triple... damage.

Note : The trigger fires even if it is attacking by using a spell.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
No, level 3 does 4x damage than original. ?

Just count :p (and it's not what I said or what you said)

1 : The damage is dealt
2 : The unit takes damage
3 : The event fires
4 : The conditions are checked (lets say True for the 4x damage)
5 : The 4x damage is applied on the unit (he takes a total (4+1)x damage)
6 : The unit has taken damage
7 : The event fires
8 : The conditions are checked (well Infinite Loop if there is Unit - Cause Damage on the trigger, and will take more damage from critical.. since it took more damage with critical)

- Loops if Critical Strike runs
- Does 1x more damage than it should

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.