Differentiating Between Drop Item and Give Item

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Is there a way differentiate between when a unit is ordered to drop an item on the ground, and when a unit is ordered to give an item to another unit? Both use the order id 852001 (as far as I know), and I can't find a way to detect which is which.

Why? I am nearly finished with the first part of WMI (I have written all the base code, and am almost done implementing a bag), but I need to know if a unit is going to drop an item on the ground, or on a unit. If it's gonna drop it on the ground, I can let it do that, but dropping an item on a unit is disallowed.

Choppa

www.warcraft-gamers.po.gs
Reaction score
There's a thing in Object Editor for items called something like "Stats -Can be dropped?" It's a boolean, maybe try set that to false for the item, I don't know if it will work or not but it's worth a try.
And umm... Maybe giving an item to a unit is just dropping it then making the target unit pick it up, hard coded?

Sim

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check to see if any unit within range of the "dropper" holds an item of that type.

If yes, then well give it back to its respective owner!

Or, something might worth a try would be to check if there is a "Target unit of issued order".

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Damn. The problem seems to be that these two are instant-target orders. Just like 'unload' on the goblin zeplin, they 'target' a widget, but are instant orders (I dunno why, but they are). I will keep trying to find a way to at least get the point that the item is going to be 'dropped' on (if the order was to drop), so that, if there is a point, I know it's a point order.

If none of this works, I will probably have to do something like:

You drop an item on another hero. A window pops up for them. "BLANK would like to trade." If they click yes, then you go to a trade screen, where you can see your item, their item, how much gold you are offering, and how much they are offering, a 'complete transaction' button, and a cancel button. To change your item, double right click it. Then find another one in your inventory, and double right click it. To make an offer, click the transaction button. If you make an offer, and then they make the same offer before you make a different offer or cancel, the trade will be made. Click cancel to cancel trade. If they click no, nothing happens, and no trades can be made between those two specific heroes for thirty seconds (to avoid gay "I'ma keep doig this until you trade with me!!!!1!!one!'.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.