Disable Cheats and making minimum 2 players

P

PeppeJ

Hi it is me again

Ive been trying to make my RPG have at least 2 Players (User Controlled) to start the map

but it wont work how ?

event
Time - Every 1.00 seconds of game time
condition
action
If ((Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is unused) then do (Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: NO PLAYERS!) else do (Do nothing)

And is there anyway to disable Cheats ?? If then how ?

S

Sunny_D

i suggest you use the event "Player leaves"

Code:
Event
    Player - Player 1 leaves the game
    Player - Player 2 leaves the game
    ... etc...
Condition
Action
    Set tempgroup = (All players matching ((((Matching player) controller) Equal to User) and (((Matching player) slot status) Equal to Is playing)))   //player group Variable
         if
            Number of players in tempgroup < 2
         then
            -Defeat all-
         else
    Custom script: call DestroyForce (udg_tempgroup)

EDIT: changed trigger a little. in your case its better to solve it this way

btw, you cant disable cheats nor detect its activation within chat. you can do some tricks to counter some cheats - search the forum for cheats or disable cheats etc... there are many related threads existing already :)

P

PeppeJ

Sorry if i have not been so clear but i mean you need atleast 2 players to start the map.

S

Sunny_D

then its almost the same. change the event to "time elapsed = 1 sec" or something and use the actions as shown.

Waaaaagh

I lost all my rep and my title being a jerk
Reaction score
Actually, disabling cheats is simple. Editing 'Cheats.j' will do the job for you ;)

AceHart

Your Friendly Neighborhood Admin
Reaction score
> Editing 'Cheats.j' will do the job for you

No, it won't...

Some other way to see "multi" player:

Custom script: if bj_isSinglePlayer then
Game - Display to (All players): you're playing with yourself... you shouldn't do that.
Custom script: endif

exge

Reaction score
Game - Display to (All players): you're playing with yourself... you shouldn't do that.

ok, that just sounds ... wrong .. lol

im working on a anti-cheat system now ... currently it can detect
whosyourdaddy
thereisnospoon
greedisgood
leaftittome
blocks iseedeadpeople

P

PeppeJ

LOL NONE OF YOUR WORKED ! i made it my self look how simple :

Events
Conditions
Actions
If ((Player 2 (Blue) controller) Equal to User) then do (Do nothing) else do (Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: NO PLAYERS)

killbuzz

Reaction score
Cheats

Couldn't you just make a trigger:
event-
player 1 types a chat message equal to whosyourdaddy (name of the cheat)

player 2 types a chat message equal to whosyourdaddy (name of the cheat)

actions - do nothing

I'm not sure if it will work but u could try it. Also you would need the event for all the cheats and all the players.

WarLuvr3393

Hmmm...too many things to play (WoW, COD4, WC3)
Reaction score
Well, you can do that, and you can convert the integer they plugged in, using Substrings. So like "SubString(Entered Chat String, 7, Length of (Entered Chat String)" and you take that and convert that into an integer and you take that value away from that player's gold.

Just a thought. Too much work for cheats though. What you can also do is have a variable called "CheckNo (Integer)" and you use a loop to check how many players are controllers. If they are, you add +1. Then after that's done, you can run a trigger ONCE to see if that number is above 2. (A player should still be able to play if everyone left in a Bnet game.)

Matemeo

Reaction score
LOL NONE OF YOUR WORKED ! i made it my self look how simple :

Events
Conditions
Actions
If ((Player 2 (Blue) controller) Equal to User) then do (Do nothing) else do (Game - Defeat Player 1 (Red) with the message: NO PLAYERS)

The problem with this, is that its going every 1.00 second, If your making an big rpg, having stuff running like this in the background is just using up your resources, (and the resources of lower end machines). Should check how many players are playing after someone leaves, and 1 second into the game. Just once though! Not 60 times a minute.

EDIT: also, what is no one wants to be blue? I prefer teal :)

esb

Because none of us are as cruel as all of us.
Reaction score
True, your trigger checks that if there is no player blue, Red gets a message of NO PLAYERS

yet, if there is no blue, nor red, nothing happens :D

Do this:

E - Player leaves
A - Set PlayerNum = Number of players controlled by User
If PlayerNum is equal to 1, then defeat all players with message... else do nothing

That way if a player leaves, it will check it they are alone, and defeat them to prevent them from playing. Also, if you like, you can also copy and paste the trigger and change the event to Map Init

(Freehand GUI triggers >_< )

denmax

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Code:
Custom script: if bj_isSinglePlayer then
[B]Game - Defeat (All Players) saying: If you want to play, do it in multiplayer to prevent cheating[/B]
Custom script: endif

Well, I thought this would work, it would defeat the person when he is playing in single player

But, you must also think that you have to disable the trigger first before adding those Custom scripts or it will crash your WE.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.