Disable movement speed

futeki

Reaction score
I've searched for quite a bit now, and can't really find a solid solution to my issue. The closest I've found to a solution is this thread.

To clarify, basically what I'm trying to do is have an ability where the unit uses the ability facing a direction and stays there unable to move, until it casts another ability to move again. The main issues I'm having is getting the unit to stay facing the direction after I add the spell book ability, and getting the unit to be able to move again.

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
You could use a timer that expires fast enough (0.02 - 0.05) that forces the unit to face the desired angle aka it tries to turn left but the timer corrects it : ). Stoping it could be to substract the current movement speed and after the second spell is casted stop the timer and add the movement speed back to the unit unit . (GetUnitMoveSpeed, SetUnitMoveSpeed)

Sgqvur

FullOfUltimateTruthsAndEt ernalPrinciples, i.e shi
Reaction score
Paused units can not do much including casting abilities.

AoW_Hun7312

I'm a magic man, I've got magic hands.
Reaction score
You could try using entangling roots, then having the other spell remove the buff.

futeki

Reaction score
You could try using entangling roots, then having the other spell remove the buff.

Tried that, no avail. Luckily I don't want the units to be able to attack, so we're good.

The other solution by Aceheart works fine, but for when you want the unit to move again or face the angle it was moving in.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.