Disable Test Map (Ctrl+F9)

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
Is there a way to disable Test Map?

1. I don't want to click it by mistake (read 2.)
2. when I click it I need wait 10-12 min for my map to save (for my cpu it's a mega big map, for a recent cpu it's only 30s)
3. when I click it usually all my imported files are corrupted (full of 0 bytes everywhere and I don't want to reimport 500 files each time).

Septimus

Reaction score
If you refer to ctrl+f9, go to File > Configure Control and change the hotkey.

I do not remember it was listed at which section, you have to find it yourself.

Chocobo

White-Flower
Reaction score
about the hotkeys I'm not using it since it's not a problem (can't do ctrl+f9 by mistake xd)

about disabling the toolbar, since I use the toolbar a lot (I can click on it about 500 times on a hour to switch quickly between Trigger Editor / Object Editor / Terrain Editor / Sound Editor / Import Manager), it's not the "solution" I'm waiting (I don't use F<hotkeys> thingy)

komapatient

Reaction score
Is there a way to disable Test Map?

1. I don't want to click it by mistake (read 2.)
2. when I click it I need wait 10-12 min for my map to save (for my cpu it's a mega big map, for a recent cpu it's only 30s)
3. when I click it usually all my imported files are corrupted (full of 0 bytes everywhere and I don't want to reimport 500 files each time).

Okay, here is my solution - it may not be perfect as well but since you refuse to disable the Toolbar and don't want to learn the hotkeys I have an alternative for you.

Check in your Editor's Preferences the Tab 'Test Map'. See in which file the map is going to be saved. Open your Windows Explorer and navigate to the folder location. Right-click the map file for properties. In the Properties dialog check 'Protected'.

Now your map editor will still try to save the map but will show an error dialog at the end of the saving process without making any changes. Try if this works to avoid that all your imported files are dropped!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.