dlink router question

x-anubis-x

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
ok, well i am currently hating myself at the moment but oh well. i am using a dlink 524 rev d router and i decided to upgrade the firmware because i was experiencing some problems. i went and downloaded the newest version and then upgraded it. however, i was dumb and decided not to look at the warning under the download area saying not to upgrade over a wireless connection (which is what i did :banghead: ). so now my router seems to be dead and i dont know what to do. the lights and everything are flashing like normal but i cant connect to the internet wirelessly or even hard-wired through the router. so is there anything i can do to possibly fix the problem with my router?

Logical_1

Advisor
Reaction score
Connect through a hardwire, redo the upgrade and then reverify that all settings are as they should be and it's not something as simple as the router not getting it's IP from the provider. Also if you have a cable/dsl modem in front of the router, power cycle it as well.

Dtere

Administrator
Reaction score
You should have a standalone program that upgrades the firmware right? Just make sure that you're hardwire connected to the router. The router shouldn't pick you up because the firmware is corrupt.

V

Vector

If you can't physically access your router over an ethernet cable, there should be a "reset" button on your router that should reset it to manufacturer's defaults.

x-anubis-x

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
You should have a standalone program that upgrades the firmware right? Just make sure that you're hardwire connected to the router. The router shouldn't pick you up because the firmware is corrupt.

as far as i know there isnt a stand alone program to update the firmware for a dlink router. the reset button doesnt seem to be doing anything. i press it and nothing happens...:nuts:

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.