Do You Hate This (DotA related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReVolver

Mega Super Ultra Cool Member
Reaction score
Do you hate it when people ask these stupid questions...

How do you make this DotA Spell

How did they make this DotA Spell

I need help making this DotA Spell

I got something so say to all these DotA Players.....

MAKE YOUR OWN SPELLS!!!

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Orc_Tamer said:

Asking how to make a spell from the person's obviously favorite custom game doesen't seem really stupid to me...

ReVolver

Reaction score
If someone copies these spells people would say this....(on your map)

you copied dota u fag or

y do you have to copy dota

THEN NOBODY WILL PLAY IT AND THERE GOES ALL YOUR HARD WORK

$

$c0rp10n

just tell them to go to wc3sear.ch and dl some spells that are just as kewl as DOTA ones

Wark

Animal
Reaction score
Orc_Tamer said:
If someone copies these spells people would say this....(on your map)

you copied dota u fag or

y do you have to copy dota

THEN NOBODY WILL PLAY IT AND THERE GOES ALL YOUR HARD WORK

Well wouldn't it be the person who made the maps fault. They know that they're copying DotA and one of DotA's spells looks cool to them.

And besides, if the game was good, even if it did copy some (1-4) DotA spells, I'd still play it.

emjlr3

Change can be a good thing
Reaction score
its not that bad, some of the spells are neat and for noobs, difficult to make, i enjoy explaining to ppl how they are all done. and showing that its really not that big of a deal to make them

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Who cares if you steal spells from dota? they have some pretty good (if unbalanced) spells. And do you thin someone would actually say "You stole this spell from dota, you suck ima leave now!" ? It's also a good way to refer to what type of spell you are talking about. like "I want to make a spell that hurts a unit, then teleports him, then hurts another, etc etc like <spell name> in DoTA" lets them see what they want much easier (If you've played dota, which some people haven't, but many have and do)

Demonfaze

8 yrs. Hell, it's been a long time.
Reaction score
people actually do say "hey you stole this from dota" when all i did was take a WoW icon off of wc3search

ReVolver

Reaction score
Demonfaze said:
people actually do say "hey you stole this from dota" when all i did was take a WoW icon off of wc3search

Yeah that happened to me too i just told them that they took it from the same site and told them to check it out.

Lizidian

Reaction score
I think its one thing to completly steal something taken from dota (which isnt really taken from dota lol) and just put it in your map... but it is another thing to ask how it is done to further your knowledge of how to custimize spells... its ok to learn no to steal

-Lizidian

ReVolver

Reaction score
A good thing to do is to learn the spell but completely change it. Thats what I will do if I knew how to do them.

Lizidian

Reaction score
Orc_Tamer said:
A good thing to do is to learn the spell but completely change it. Thats what I will do if I knew how to do them.

but the real question is: do you consider talking the spell and changing it stealing?

if so then everyone is stealing from the editors generic spells...

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Demonfaze said:
Yes but did he leave or get all pissy?

ReVolver

Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
Yes but did he leave or get all pissy?

Most ppl get upset because they think to themself *He copied DotA and he had to copied DotA's icons*

WOOT 100 POSTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReVolver

Reaction score
Im_On_56k said:
Moved to Warcraft Talk.
THANKYOU I was about to ask to change it to the proper forum :cool:

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
i support using other peoples abilities as long as you totally dont rip their stuff off. what i hate is when people use stuff other people made and dont give credit. like how dota does it.

U are a noob

Reaction score
Orc_Tamer said:

How do you make this DotA Spell

How did they make this DotA Spell

I need help making this DotA Spell

I got something so say to all these DotA Players.....

MAKE YOUR OWN SPELLS!!!
OMG you are so godly smart
Thehelper can you destroy the ethier Tutorial Repository thread czu every one on bnet gonna be like why you copy that from that one guy?
or even better SD_Ryoko why did you make taht tamplate? so people copy
think about what you just said.
next thing i am gonna do is go on bnet and look for a simple game that has no advance spells and i would be like why did you copy blizzards storm bolt ability?

Jazradel

Helping people do more by doing less.
Reaction score
To be honest I really don't care.

There is a limit to the World Editor and are therefore only a limited number of reasonable, sensible, different spells. By that I don't mean things with an extra 50 damage or a global polymorph. Those would be just stupid and there are countless variations of those. But to make a good, original spell requires a lot of skill and chances are that there will be a similar spell somewhere else.

If a map has a good spell then I see no problem in copying it.

uberfoop

~=Admiral Stukov=~
Reaction score
uareanoob said:
or even better SD_Ryoko why did you make taht tamplate? so people copy
that template could be so much more useful for burning dota to the ground then for xopying :shades:

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.