Icon Dwarven Explorer

Sneakster

Reaction score
Here is a Dwarven Explorer icon I made for my map. This icon was made for a specific model (link to model in readme).

Name: Dwarven Explorer Icons

explorerbtn.jpg

explorerdisbtn.jpg

As said above, this icon was made for my map but here it is for everyone to use.
In-case for some reason you don't understand what the icon is, it is a Dwarven Explorer with a background of a forest creek. Yup.

Attachments

• Dwarven Explorer Icons.zip
    32.6 KB · Views: 266

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could we get a link to the model here? =|

Post the icon paths.

It looks like a screenshot of the model, nothing more.

PurgeandFire

zxcvmkgdfg
Reaction score
The link to the model pack: http://www.wc3c.net/showthread.php?t=93537

I think the icon is fine for people who want to use that model specifically, sadly it doesn't have a wide range of usage, but it seems acceptable.

Yes, the icon is just a picture of the model, but since it is for a model, I think it is ok..

Anyway, darken the DISBTN a bit more (primarily in the middle), and blacken out the edges to fit like all the other custom (and blizzard) icons.

Sneakster

Reaction score
The icon is not just the model. It is the model with a custom background :D
This is my first set of icons based off of any model. I just recently got into icon making...sorry

_whelp

Reaction score
Wow, an icon that's just a CnP of a model with a custom background.
Try to sharpen it a bit and maybe it'll look better.

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
As wolfie mentioned, the DISBTN looks wrong.
Read a tutorial or something to see how to make DISBTNs.

Also, screenshots of models don't really fit into Wc3 at all. They'd look odd, and out of place.

Sneakster

Reaction score
If you don't like the model...don't waste your time in this thread...it's just here for anyone to use. I'm not changing it. So I don't know why you're giving me suggestions...

Romek

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you're not planning on changing this, despite the DISBTN not being the correct style, then I'll graveyard it. :rolleyes:

Sneakster

Reaction score
Well a DISBTN isn't always set to a particular "style". You are simply referring to the way everyone else makes icons and comparing them to mine, and also to the regular wc3 icons. What does it matter if mine is in the wc3 "style"? Maybe it was meant to be different. Go ahead and graveyard it. Seems like you have nothing better to do.

Azlier

Old World Ghost
Reaction score
This is an icon made for use in Warcraft III. At the very least, it should fit the style of other Warcraft III icons. Think, man, think.

WolfieeifloW

WEHZ Helper
Reaction score
This is an icon made for use in Warcraft III. At the very least, it should fit the style of other Warcraft III icons. Think, man, think.
QFT.

Being a smartass to a moderator isn't a good idea either :rolleyes: ;
Especially someone as helpful as Romek.

Sneakster

Reaction score
It seems as though Romek has not helped me at all. Oh, and I wasn't being smart...I was simply suggesting him to graveyard this thread...

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.