Dynamite TD (V. 1.6 BETA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthfett

Aerospace/Cybersecurity Software Engineer
Reaction score
Dynamite TD

A game where you must build towers in a maze pattern to defeat the terrorists trying to get past.

Features:
-30 levels
-3 game styles
-37 Towers
-3 Air levels
-3 Speed Levels
-2 Boss levels
-1 Minigame
-Much more to come!

--Newest Update-- (V. 2.0)
-One minigame added
-Fixed the Intro Cinematic

hobo218

Meh
Reaction score
theres something wrong with the gold selection. you cant get past it. it comes up with a plz select gold per round and doesnt do anything, so i wasnt able to even play it.

other than that i think you have a good idea going. ill hlep test more when you get this probelm fixed if you want.

Darthfett

Reaction score
At least. I plan to have about 50 levels total, 4-6 more types of towers, more game styles, (Maybe-->) Minigames. Some ideas coming up for the towers will be something like:
-Chain Lightning Tower
-Critical Strike Tower
-Splash Tower
-Bounce Tower
-Life Drain Tower
-Dynamite Tower - This tower will kill all units within range instantly, but will have about a 10 second cooldown. (Cannot be cast by player. Automatically casts, like warstomp). I plan to have 4 or 5 Bosses, Me being the last one. :D (Air, Speed, and Boss).

--Fix for V. 1.6 BETA
-Fixed anti-cheat attacking for player one.
-Added loading time at beginning of map.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
Is it just me or is this game impossible? I tried it out single player solo mode, and I died on the fifth level every single time (not the 5th that is hardest, they were all hard) try having the solo creeps less hp or armor or something.

DDRtists

ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ ɹǝdns
Reaction score
AgentPaper said:
Is it just me or is this game impossible? I tried it out single player solo mode, and I died on the fifth level every single time (not the 5th that is hardest, they were all hard) try having the solo creeps less hp or armor or something.

Ya its pretty hard :eek: cool tho, and also i saw that at the end of the round, it said i got 10 gold like 3 times, and also it said i got 1010 gold one of the times :p, and way does the anticheat kill my towers O_O?

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
np, half health or half speed or double gold will work fine, at least for as far as I got, looks like a good game though.

Darthfett

Reaction score
--Update--
-Changed the spawning to use the loop Integer A, reducing lag.
-Reduced difficulty for solo play style (85% handicap for Terrorists)
-Fixed GPR text repetition display
-Changed the Credits in quests, adding a few people.
(DDRtists (thehelper.net)
AgentPaper (thehelper.net)
hobo218 (thehelper.net)
Goblinman (Battle.net)
R4v3n) (Battle.net)
-Fixed Boss Spawning for Solo

Darthfett

Reaction score
*Bump*
I would also like some people who are advanced in triggering to help me catch memory leaks. I would add a large portion of the credits to them. There seems to be a problem where the game crashes for some of the other players, and i'm guess it is because of memory leaks. Any help?

Darthfett

Reaction score
--Update--
-Fixed a few things in the ending for summon wars, that may have screwed up the system.
-Fixed the anti-cheat not being removed in the BEGINNING!
-I'm still looking for someone to remove memory leaks, and now, to test. I will give a great amount of credit, if you help with these.

AgentPaper

From the depths, I come.
Reaction score
For towers, heres some ideas:

Multi-shot towers (obvious)
Sniper towers (long range, high damage, high cooldown)
Melee towers (no range, and either high damage, low cooldown, or some mix)
Spellcaster towers (slow, dd, aoe and dot, one casted randomly each time it attacks)
Wall towers (no attack, low cost)
Nova towers (does damage to all enemies near it when something gets close)
Moving towers (can "uproot" and move somewhere else, can't attack when uprooted)

Darthfett

Reaction score
Ok thanks! Those look like great ideas. I am going to use the following towers:
Multi-Shot, Melee (might be immolation at higher levels), Spellcaster (Will be added into the aura towers, to make them have better useage), Ability towers (like critical strike, bash, etc.), and maybe wall towers. The nova tower will be in there, but I am already going to use it as the strongest tower in the game - Dynamite Tower. (Like warstomp, and will kill everything within range every 30 seconds.

Darthfett

Reaction score
*Bump*
//Update Plans\\

So far, I have decided to split the map into 3 seperate ones, to fix each gamestyle individually, and optimize performance. I have decided to make seperate triggers for each game-style, even though some of them could be shared. This is so I can easily edit only a single gamestyle without changing, and bugging the other 2.

So far, I have isolated the team gamestyle, and fixed all but 1 bug, (known) which should be very easy to fix. I have optimized its performance greatly, reducing the number of actions for the level spawning to only about 6, using a few arrays, and I've set arrays to the unit types. I will not post the updated version, since it's not perfect, and is not bug free.

Once I have isolated all 3, I will combine them all into one map, and then begin to work on the towers, and levels. I will also work on making the game more user-friendly, making the text colored better, and making everything voted. Post your comments and suggestions, GL!

Darthfett

Reaction score
I'm having an idea crisis!

Need:

Names for -S-pecial -W-eapons -A-ssault -T-eam Units (and others):
-Types (Names for 4 levels please)
--A Stunning type towers
--"Drain" Towers (Drain a percent of hp per second).
--Melee Towers
--Critical Strike Tower (Slow but high damage, with critical strike)
--Nova Towers
--Multi-Shot

If you can, try to make them sound more like real military stuff.

Also need ideas for more tower types.

Updates: (Not in the posted version yet)

-Added a -give command, fixed, and added kick system.

-Merged 3 seperate maps together

-Added splash towers (More grenades), and have finished the stunning, and drain type towers, all except name, and maybe a little balancing.

-Changed aura towers to look a little better on your eyes :D . Also, changed the web ability, added a slow aura, and will add an armour reducing ability based off of phoenix fire.

-Fixed all known bugs with the anti-cheats except server splits, and the spawning.

-Made chat start out as "all" (for summon wars)

-Fixed some icons, tooltips, tips, and damage for different types of attacks (and defense)

-Reduced restock time for summon wars

Thanks ahead of time for comments, suggestions, and bug reports!

Darthfett

Reaction score
Since Warcraft is not working, I am going to upload the newest version, but a few of the promised towers will not be available. (I can't test them, and I'm out of ideas for the names). I will remove the nonworking towers, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.