Environment Fogs

rodead

Reaction score
hello, i want to put several fogs in my map i tried several ways and they didn't worked very well for me. so can any one exlplain how to easyly add fogs to regions people i don't mean the weather efect fogs but i mean the normal color fogs!

thanks in advanced and +rep

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
If you want different fogs for different players, you need to use GetLocalPlayer() -function.

Read this tutorial: link

EDIT. You need to learn how to make if/then/endif in Jass. You can use GUIs Set Fog -action.

like this:

customscript: if GetOwningPlayer(GetTriggerUnit()) == GetLocalPlayer() then

GUI action here

customscript: endif

Viikuna

No Marlo no game.
Reaction score
Do you mean how to change fog ingame or how to do it for only one player only?

Do you know how to change fog?

rodead

Reaction score
well i want fog for every player but not everywhere the same color i want it in a region. with a fade to another color but that last thing is to hard i allready know that... but i don't know how to do it easyly with a region i tried allready with x and y of region and also with less then some point but it didn't worked really as i wanted.

Builder Bob

Live free or don't
Reaction score
here's a system I made a while back that lets you set different fog/water color for different regions with smooth transitions between them.

It's discontinued because of lack of interest, but it should do. I'd not recommend using the function RegionRemoveAmbiance() because it may mess up things the way it is coded now. As long as you stay away from it, everything else should work fine.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.