ESET NOD32 + HP Printer

TFlan

I could change this in my User CP.
Reaction score
I'm trying to install my printer, HP Officejet 6500 Wireless, on my laptop, however when I go to configure the wireless settings on my laptop, via the setup disk sent with the printer, I get a warning:

IMPORTANT: ESET firewall software has been detected on your computer system. Before continuing, perform the steps below to enable "Interactive Filtering Mode".

Do this now (these steps apply for most ESET firewall versions):
1. From the System Icon Tray, click on the ESET Smart Security icon and select "Open Window".
2. Click on "Setup" located on the left side of the ESET screen.
3. Click on "Toggle Advanced Mode".
4. From the Toggle Advanced Mode screen, select "Yes".
5. From the Setup screen, select "Personal Firewall".
6. From the Personal Firewall screen, select "Switch to interactive filtering mode".

Enabling interactive filtering mode will cause the ESET firewall to provide pop-up warning messages during the HP software installation.

You must select the checkbox labeled "Remember action (create rule)" then click the "Allow" button for each pop-up screen seen.

I have ESET NOD32 4.0.437.0 Business Edition, and I am unable to find the Personal Firewall setup tree.

I have searched the knowledge base, Google, everything I can think of, but can't find the reason why I can't find my Personal Firewall settings. My Windows Firewall is currently turned off.

EDIT::
Nevermind, customer service was a lot faster at responding than I thought, they solved it.

Attachments

• NOD32.jpg
    NOD32.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 377
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.