Event --> Model Swap (Multiple scenarios)

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
Hey all, i've been trying to replicate the zerglings model swap when metabolic movement is upgraded. This is simple enough to achieve with just one upgrade, however i need there to be a different model swap for each upgrade.

Details: an upgrade has 7 levels, as each level is upgraded i want the model to be swapped to a different kind.

Thanks guys!

Dave312

Censored for your safe viewing
Reaction score
You need to create a validator for each level of the upgrade which checks if that is the current level for the upgrade (i.e. Validator1 checks if the current researched level for the upgrade is 1 etc)

Then in your actor, you need two events per level: one to swap the unit to the correct model when the unit is created; and one to swap the model on existing units when the upgraded is researched:
Code:
ActorCreation
   ValidateUnit <Your_Validator>
   ModelSwap <Your_Model>

Upgrade.<Your_Upgrade>.Add
  ValidateUnit <Your_Validator>
  ModelSwap <Your_Model>
So you should have 7 copies of these two events for each level of you upgrade.

One important thing to note is that if your unit is not referenced directly in the Upgrade: Effects + property for your upgrade, then in order for the second event listed above to work, you must specify your unit in the Upgrade: Affected Unit Array + property on the upgrade.

WildTurkey

Previously known as giv_me_rep
Reaction score
Thank you, it was the affected unit array + property that was not set. You are a boss and i love you forever and ever.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.