Event problem

ultimate11

Reaction score
Why this event wont fire up the trigger ?
Trigger:
  • On fire
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(flamingarrows))
      • ((Owner of (Target unit of issued order)) is an ally of (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Equal to False
      • (Level of On Fire custom for (Triggering unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: on

Smitty

Reaction score
Uh, it targeting an object? Because I think you probably want 'a unit is issued an order targeting a unit'.

ultimate11

Reaction score
I cant see in We event
Trigger:
  • A unit is issued an order targeting a unit

And if i use event
Trigger:
  • A unit is issued an order with notarget
will not work becosue when use use this order with no target is just simply activate Searing Arrows for you.
So I`m still waiting for a response :D.

Smitty

Reaction score
The event is there. I'm sure :s Keep looking.

Or; the condition clashes with the action. You ask it to check whether the UNIT being targeted is an ally, but you say the order targets an object. So the two can't both be true. I don't have access to the WE, so I can't check, but I'm sure there's a way to check.

Are you trying to stop players targeting allies with searing arrows? Because you could just Chengdu the targets allowed to enemies. Also you'd need to order the unit to stop if you want to use a trigger. Unless I'm misunderstanding your aim :)

Smitty

Reaction score
Oh, equal to false. Didn't see. I still think the problem is your event. Try removing the conditions and see what happens. Try different events, see if you can find one which works.

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
Are you trying to detect when Searing Arrows is activated? Or when a unit with Searing Arrows attacks another unit?

ultimate11

Reaction score
EVENT_PLAYER_UNIT_ISSUED_TARGET_ORDER
this is the event coverted to Jass so i supposed that it`s also targeting unit.
I saw in object editor that searring arrows have only to orders not 3 so I wonder what order use searring arrow when attack ?
In object editor it`s say flamingarrows is the order to turn on/use
now what`s the problem?

Ryushi

"I will stand, or I will fall. I will not sit."
Reaction score
If you want to detect when a unit with Searing Arrows attacks, you will need two triggers. The first one detects when a unit is issued the order 'flamingarrows' and adds them to a unit group, and removes them from the unit group when the are issued the order 'unflamingarrows'. The second trigger detects when a unit attacks. If the unit is in the unit group, then that means it has Searing Arrows active, and you can run your actions.

ultimate11

Reaction score
Well Ryushi you inspired me a lot.
I had already two triggers that detect when unit active/deactive searring arrows and create/destroy a speciall effect.then I added an array variable boolean to check if that unit has or no searring active :D.
Ty +rep

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.