Extra! Extra!! Christian Bale offered $50 million to play Batman again!

FireCat

Oh Shi.. Don't wake the tiger!
Reaction score
If you've scanned the superhero sites lately, you've inevitably read reports that Bale is being lured back to the Batcave with a $50 meeellion offer to square off against Henry Cavill's Superman in Warner Bros.' Man of Steel sequel. Fans of Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy and Bale's dark portrayal of the Caped Crusader immediately rejoiced, convincing themselves that Bale's previous denials and his desire to pass the torch to another Batman could quickly be erased by cold hard cash. Perhaps that will eventually be the case. But not today.

The recent online buzz erupted after the London Sun reported that "Bale is facing extraordinary pressure" to return to the character for a huge payday. The Sun's sources, however, aren't exactly Warner Bros. insiders or members of Bale's inner circle. Instead, the tabloid was blindly relying on a new ebook titled Beyond Batman: The Unauthorized True Story of Christian Bale and His Dark Knight Dilemma. It's a 27-page mini-book from an author named Vincent Russel, who's also written an unauthorized biography of WWE superstar CM Punk.

Last edited by a moderator:

thewrongvine

The Evolved Panda Commandant
Reaction score
Yeah, lots of rumors floating around. Have read $60 million in some cases as well.

He did say he wouldn't become Batman again unless Christopher Nolan was directing. But we'll see. If he does, while I loved Bale as Batman, they'd have to recreate a new Batman as the Dark Knight doesn't fit in too well with the rest of the supercharged DC universe.

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Meh.
I don't see why Batmaster should be in a movie with Superpancy to begin with.
I hope Bale refuses.
It all boils down to: Batman is awesome, Superman is not. Bale knows this.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Meh.
I don't see why Batmaster should be in a movie with Superpancy to begin with.
I hope Bale refuses.
It all boils down to: Batman is awesome, Superman is not. Bale knows this.

Er... because they are in the same universe. Why would Iron Man be in a movie with the Hulk? Or Captain America? They are part of the Avengers. Batman and Superman are part of the Justice League.

Superman is pretty awesome as well in my opinion, :3

Solu9

You can change this now in User CP.
Reaction score
Er... because they are in the same universe. Why would Iron Man be in a movie with the Hulk? Or Captain America? They are part of the Avengers. Batman and Superman are part of the Justice League.

Superman is pretty awesome as well in my opinion, :3

The problem is not the universe. Of course they can meet each other.
Superman is just the most flawed hero of all times. A man that can fly, can't die, can lift I dunno EVERYTHING?
And his weakness is some crappy stone type from another planet.
Superman should just be killed off for good. I can't recon a good Superman movie whereas good Batman movies are there plenty of.

This new Batman/Superman movie is only going to ruin Batman's good reputation and make Superman's even more noticeable.

Christian Bale does not approve.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Man of Steel was pretty good imo.

There's actually a lot more to Superman than most people know about. It's because of the cheesy and bad media about him that makes him seem lame to the public. It seems to me you don't know too much about Superman, heh, which doesn't really make it fair to judge like that.

Batman has so much great media and entertainment because DC focused so much on him, but they're trying to expand it now.

camelCase

The Case of the Mysterious Camel.
Reaction score
I don't know much either but what is the focal point in the many Superman stories? Psychological? Seems like the only way to hurt this guy.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Superman is in no way that powerful. Him being invincible is moreso a hoorah kind of description, like "the invincible Iron Man!". Obviously Iron Man isn't actually invincible. Superman has multiple weaknesses, kryptonite just being one of the popular ones. There are also plenty of characters and villains that are more powerful than Superman and defeat him just with pure strength. He actually doesn't just use his physical prowess to defeat his villains, Superman's pretty smart and analytical too and often fights by way of thinking over the enemy while using his powers to complement his plans.
Of course, what is mostly shown in public media is Superman powowing everyone since that's the more fun route to sell.

Slapshot136

Divide et impera
Reaction score
There are also plenty of characters and villains that are more powerful than Superman and defeat him just with pure strength. He actually doesn't just use his physical prowess to defeat his villains, Superman's pretty smart and analytical too and often fights by way of thinking over the enemy while using his powers to complement his plans.

which villains would those be?

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Not just villains but for a few: Doomsday (he killed Superman in a brawl), Hulk (pure physical strength), Darkseid, Thor, Thanos, Silver Surfer, Mongul, Galactus etc.
The thing is there are a lot of obscure god-like characters in the superhero universe. Superman's also been depowered a lot. Silver Age Superman was insanely strong but they in a way nerfed him over the years.

Can't believe so many people dislike Supes! :O He's like the epitome of a superhero!

thewrongvine

Reaction score
Woah woah woah.
Ben Affleck is the new Batman.

http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/0...ner-bros-pictures-new-super-hero-feature-film

I honestly don't know how I feel about that and it seems a lot of fans are not liking this move by DC either. I very much respect Affleck as a director and I think he's a capable actor, but I don't really see him as Bruce Wayne.

Man, DC, what are you doing!? I hope they succeed.

thewrongvine

Reaction score
After some cooling down, I can think about it clearly.
It's not the worst choice. Ben is big, he's got the jaw, and he's a good actor. We just need to see if he can pull off the role of Bruce Wayne and Batman smoothly, along with a good script. Daredevil was horrible, but someone on reddit made a good point. The Human Torch in Fantastic Four was horrible with Chris Evans, but he became Captain America and it turned out very well. Hopefully we'll see the same with Ben, and forget Daredevil.
Since it's Batman AND Superman, it luckily won't be like 100% focused on Batman, which means for the most part, Ben just has to do well with the parts he's given, and if the writing and directing is good, the film should be good.

But DC is all over the place now. They keep doing just Bats and Supes, they need to expand to new heroes like Marvel did.

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Staff online

Members online

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.