Fairly simple map - wc3 editor retard

Valeur

Reaction score
Hello People.

I have been playing a custom map with me and my friends. I've decided I wanted to further 'improve' this custom map, and it wasn't locked material, so I opened it up to edit. Unfortunately, everything was written in GUI or Jass or something, which I am a complete retard at, so I decided to just copy the terrain and re-write the map to suit my needs.

It should be said, this is only for me and my friends to play. I don't play bnet or anything, so I hoper I am not angering whoever made this funny map. For reference the map is Mazing Contest 1.12.

Okay, so, I have a few questions since it's been a while since I last time edited something in wc3 editor.

1) I have made dialog boxes (all by myself, whoo!) that are fairly simple. The question is basically "how much gold do you want per round" and then you can answer this in categories like "between 5-35", "between 10-20" etc. etc.
My problem is transfering this value to the actual gold, since I am too retarded to figure out how to make new 'rounds' and apply a random amount of gold (or between like 5-35 gold).

2) The object of the game is to place towers and thereby block, not kill, a neutral unit. The one who blocks the best with the amount of gold given, gets best time and the one who does so best in 10-25 rounds win. In addition there are some towers placed AFOREHAND, which are random for each round, but the same for all players. How do I do this? :/

I'll probably come up with more questions as I get along, but this is what I need to know for now :D

Any help would be appreciated.

Nivius

TH.net Regular
Reaction score
well, i dont know exactly whats need to be done, but i got the idea.

to make the gold you gota make a rtigger in gui that gives all players the chosen gold.
try make it so that whatever you chose is saved in an real (somone comfirm?) maybe then on every new round give the gold to the players.

also to make the units spawn on same spots i think uyo gota make it a region and put in random amonount of towers at random spots in that region, then have it do the same thing for all of them. the exact way of doing this i cannot tell you becoues im not that good myself yet whit guis. but if you ge the idea you can prob look around and find solutions.

maybe u shuld start of whit the original and try to understand the code. then u might only need to make some simple changes to it.

gl :)

Valeur

Reaction score
I know editing the original map would be easier - it was also my original idea - but I don't understand the weird Jass language or whatever it is :).

To clarify what my issues are:

I need to have an amount of gold delivered to EACH player (every player gets same amount - but the amount is a new random for each round). I think I know how, basically to do this, but I wonder if there is some way I can do it easier? Like grouping the players? As for now I made a trigger looking like this (rough example):

Dialog box:

Option 1: 5-10 gold.
variable1 = lastcreateddialogbutton
Option 2: 10-15 gold.
variable2 = lastcreateddialogbutton
Option 3: 15-20 gold.
variable3 = lastcreateddialogbutton

and then a new trigger going:

if variable1 is clicked then set gold to 1, else check if variable2 is clicked then set gold to 2, else check if variable3 is clicked set gold to 3.

and then a new trigger going:

if gold = 1 set player1 gold to random(5-10) etc.etc.

but this seems so complicated? and hard to do for each player, every round o.o

---

as for my second question, to clarify, I need to PLACE objects(towers) in random spots that are the SAME for each players little 'playing field'. These need to be placed at the start of a new round and removed after.

Valeur

Reaction score
Timer

I have another problem. How do I make a timer that counts UP - which means, NOT a countdown timer, but a counter that counts time elapsed?

Pender

Reaction score
Well, I am the map author

and I converted everything to JASS with randomized variable names as a way to lock the map. (I use a Mac, and there are no good locking tools for the Mac.) So it's not really surprising that the code is hard to understand.

Glad you like it though!

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.

The Helper Discord

Members online

No members online now.

Affiliates

Hive Workshop NUON Dome World Editor Tutorials

Network Sponsors

Apex Steel Pipe - Buys and sells Steel Pipe.